7- FREE SOUL

Sunday evening.

" yuh sure ?" Zara's mother nagged.

Sunday evenings. The best out of the whole week, Zara's opinion, the thought of eating a good meal, top it off with a Sunday ice cream of choice. Feeling the cool evenings breeze and the quietness of her community brought peace and comfort instead of arguments.

" yes mom I'll be okay, just taking a taxi will do the trick" she responded, trying to ease the pressure to even borrow the car or asked her mother to meet her.

" listen to mi . Nuh true yuh get big now mi ago stop treat yuh like pickney mi ago sen Alec fi yuh " the lady murmured already dialing the taxi man on her next phone.

Giving up she decided to sit patiently until the older man was at her father's complex. Having a headache she decided to sit on the couch finding the remote to atleast catch up with her favorite TV show that aired every morning at 6.

" ye suh mi a seh to har , she try nuh breed " the calm yet sizzle voice of dajuan made her day even more brighter.

She admired the man dearly. From his gaze , his lips, and the elastic bands at the end of the curls made her heart flutter, dajuan seems like a man u would never want to marry . But then again his way of showing love made it work regardless.

" where's dad?" She asked politely turning her head to face him. Dajuan rolled his eyes as if she wasn't sitting there. Frustratedly she stood up and snatched the phone peeping Marco on the front.

Dajuan snapped" fuck do yuh " irritatedly snatching her throat.

" l-let mi g-guh" she choked out clawing at his wrist.

Dajuan looks at her and smirked, leaning down to her lips pecking them.

" pass mi phone, doh start weh yuh cah finish zara" .

He whispered harshly.

Zara gulped forcefully, desperately trying to free herself from dajuan and his Hercules grip. Seeing her eyes rolling over he finally let's go snatching the phone away from her loose grip.

" fuck u " she whispered harshly catching her breath slowly, dajuan points a finger in her direction, as if to warn about the things she says and ask for since he wasn't a man without consequences.

" shortly " he replied nonchalantly.

Dropping to the floor, she noticed a red mark on the left side on her neck. " wtf" she thought searching the bag for a cover up, thinking of ways to explain herself if her mother got the chance to even glimpse the bruise.

She would alert her father right away.

" a wahmp to yuh?" Dad asked , seeing his daughter flinch throwing something around her neck. Suspicious of her actions he remains in the dark brushing it off as nothing, Zara picked up her bags and gave him a hug and a kissed goodbye.

" ya leff suh quick? Can guh school ova yaso enuh Z-

Her head shook violently.

" no sah. Mummy miss mi dearly, even wah come ova yaso cah stay too long " she half lied , hearing the taxi outside she gave her father one last hug before bomb rushing the gate to the outside.

-

" long time mi no see u enuh, ya get big pon mi suh " an elderly lady remarked.

Just fake a smile~

" am alright. Just focused on my subjects and a small business incase Mummy needs a helping hand" .

The taxi was now stuck in the Kingston traffic, driving all the way back to portmore was a huge hassle. The roads were packed as if people didn't stay inside anymore or the transportation went on strike.