3:45

Gyungmi sighed softly. "Back then, when I went to look for her, I struggled for a long time too, but my father didn't stop me."

"I clearly told her that even if she married into the Jeon family, I wouldn't acknowledge her. In fact, I was firm on not having her work at Glory World Corporation. I've long noticed her father is wildly ambitious. Otherwise, he wouldn't still let Yumi and Minjun have their unclear relationship while knowing that she was your fiancèe."

Even though Gyungmi was not a businesswoman, she was still someone who had hustled in the political scene for many years. Plus, with her position, she held extraordinary vigilance and was very careful doing all things. She could not afford the slightest mistake. This was how as a woman, she could hold such a high position and did not have a single scandal.

She had always been like this. As long as she realized something was odd, she would make a move first and not let it develop into a disaster. Even Jungkook admired how firm and decisive she was in doing things.

"So I probably can't run from the responsibility of Yumi eloping before her marriage. When I went to look for her, Yugyeom found out. You also know even though he has been calling me mother for all these years, he's not close to me. I even flung a cup of coffee onto her face, and he saw it all."

Upon hearing her, a puzzlement flashed in Jungkook's eyes. He looked calmly at her and said in a gruff voice, "What are you trying to say by telling me all of this?"

She suddenly smiled. She lowered her head for a sip of tea, suddenly seeming relieved. "Gguk, don't you understand?"

"You're saying..."

"Yugyeom has liked Yumi for a long time. Tell me. How can I let a woman like her marry into the family? Am I going to let you two brothers fall out with each other? He is already prejudiced against you, isn't he? I've been trying to guess why as the older brother, you've been protecting Yugyeom while he... Then, I personally saw her cry in front of him because of the marriage to you."

Gyungmi's tone was filled with certainly as Jungkook's gaze darkened and he stopped what he doing. "But Yugyeom told me that he only saw her as a sister and that he'd never had any other thoughts. That was why I agreed."

She did not respond this time. She only smiled.

-

Not long after lunch, the husband and wife went looking for Boonlong, but they did not go straight to the Manoban residence. Instead, they agreed to his request and went to a golf course near the residence.

Boonlong and Jungkook decided on playing a few games of golf.

Lisa had never really played before. Usually, when she came looking for him, it would just be to watch him play.

Unexpectedly, now she would watch them play rather jovially. Boonlong was far more meticulous with Jungkook than her as the granddaughter. When she thought about this, Lisa felt melancholic for some reason, but seeing them happy was worth it.

Lisa lay on the lounge chair leisurely as she turned to the side to watch the drizzle outside the French windows. Suddenly, the man's voice came into her ears. When she subconsciously turned to look, he had already walked over and swiftly sat down beside her while Boonlong was already resting on the other side.

She reached out to take the golf club.

Lisa looked puzzled at the golf club in hand as she muttered, "I don't quite know how to play it yet..."

"Didn't I teach you before? Have you already forgotten all about it?" As he asked her softly, his tall and warm body had already leaned down to take away the golf club from her hand. "You can't play right now, but I'll teach you next time."