3:23

Yuqi brought the wastepaper basket over and cleaned the fallen leaves as she asked, "Sis-in-law, where are Sis Wang and the rest? Why's it just you?"

"It's Sis Wang's daughter's birthday this weekend. I've got nothing much going on here too, so I just let everyone off for a break this weekend."

Lisa gently fixed the flowers in the vase. Her eyes were filled with a hint of calm gentleness, and she looked elegant and charming. Her tone was gentle and soothing. No wonder her brother was so worried.

"Sis-in-law, aren't you worried that my brother would be concerned? Just a few months ago, he wouldn't even call me at all, and now he's been calling me every few days, urging me to come to accompany you, especially on the weekends. He's quite thoughtful about you." Yuqi lowered her eyes and gently fiddled with the blue rose petals as she gently chuckled.

"He's just too worried. I'm alright. When you're free, it's best that you accompany Lucas more." Lisa set down the vase as she responded.

"How can I be negligent? This is my little nephew to whom I'm quite looking forward."

Lisa smiled. She took a wet towel from the side to wipe her hands and then she leisurely began to steep some tea. "There's still a few more months. How are things on Sis Lan's end? Your brother wouldn't let me go. Otherwise, I would've wanted to ask more."

When this was brought up, Yuqi's expression froze. Earlier, when she found out from Lucas that Mansik was not related to her, even though she was relieved, she was also dazed at the same time. This was a huge world. Even finding her biological father was a tough task.

"Sis-in-law, don't you worry about this. My brother and Lucas are following up on it. There might even be some clues later on," Yuqi answered in a pained tone.

"Don't worry. If we set our mind to it, we'll definitely find him." Lisa delivered the steeped floral tea to her as she consoled her sister-in-law.

Yuqi sighed and shook her head. "Actually, sometimes, I've already thought about giving up. It's okay if I don't find him. If he didn't intentionally cover his traces, Brother would've found him by now. He's hoping that we won't be able to find him. If that's the case, then it's fine if we end up not finding him."

"Qiqi, no matter what, you are the Mu family's daughter. Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, and your brother care a lot about you. Because of this matter, he's been..."

"Sis-in-law, let's not talk about it. I know. I also know what I should do."

Lisa just nodded. "Okay then. You should give more thought to you and Lucas. Lucas should be 27 this year, isn't he? Don't let him wait too long. We women don't ask for much either. As long as he's good to you, you don't have to worry much. Whatever it is, take it easy. You'll realize that it's actually not that hard."

"Sis-in-law, your frame of mind has always been one that I admire. All these years, there've been many women who have fallen in love with Brother. Naturally, there were many excellent ones too, but none could win Brother's heart more than you have. Don't worry. I know Lucas' the same. He's very wonderful, and I admit that I like him too. In a while more, when I'm done managing my own frame of mind, I'll..."

Upon hearing this, Lisa smiled with her lips pursed before she stopped her. "That's good then! Sit down first. The soup should be ready, so we can eat soon. My skills might not be very good, so..."

"Let me help you, Sis-in-law."

Yuqi got up, but at this moment, the doorbell rung from outside. Yuqi quickly went to get the door. When she looked at the screen, she saw Mingyu's handsome face outside.