2:54

“I’m done. Let’s go. There’s nothing much here, just a few books. As for these music scores, I don’t understand them either Hmm, did Qiqi inherit her musical talent from Aunty as well? I remember that Aunty has a nice voice. She was very highly praised in the industry for her marvelous singing. Many of the popular songs that were trending back then were written by herself. To a certain extent, she was really talented in music too.”

Lisa somewhat remembered some of the information that she had read up on Seulji.

“Mmm, she’s indeed musically talented. She joined many competitions while she was still in school and easily won numerous awards. My grandparents were really proud of her.”

“Qiqi seems like her now. She’s really enjoying being a DJ, and she’s managing the Imperial Sky Entertainment Club well.”

“As long as she likes it. After all, she learned a lot from working in several clubs in New York and France in the past few years, so it’s best for her to apply what she’s learned.” Jungkook felt comforted when they talked about this and his face softened.

She followed behind him with a stack of books as she said, “How can you not worry about leaving a girl like her at those places?”

“Yuqi is strong, and always being reliant on others isn’t going to last long. Most importantly, she needs to know how to protect herself,” he replied as he put an arm over her shoulder and his other hand into his pocket as they strolled.

They planned to have dinner at the residence before heading back, but when they were done packing up, Jungkook’s phone started ringing.

It was a call from the Provincial Government Department about something urgent, and they wanted Jungkook to go over for dinner.

Jungkook wanted to decline, but Lisa asked him to go. At the same time, she wanted him to deliver the things to Yuqi as well. She had already loaded them into the car this morning. Coincidentally, her drop-off place was on the way to his destination.

“Leave me at the junction ahead. You can bring the people with you,” Jungkook spoke up as they arrived at an entertainment club and he unbuckled his safety belt.

“It’s okay. You should bring them. Don’t appear alone in public. They are supposed to follow you anyway.”

There was another car with the bodyguards following them behind.

Things had not been really peaceful lately. Since Lucas and Chan insisted, Jungkook would bring the bodyguards with him whenever he went out just to avoid similar incidents like the one in Busan from happening again. He also planned to get a female bodyguard for Lisa. Lucas was recruiting for this position and the bodyguard would soon be ready when he got back.

The car arrived at the entrance and stopped just when Lisa said, “It’s alright. I’ll just stay there for a while. I’ll be back to fetch you at around 9.30 pm.”

“Be careful on your own. Is your phone fully charged?”

Lisa could be pretty forgetful, so it was not uncommon for her to have her battery dead.

She searched through her bag and grabbed her phone. The battery icon showed a full bar, but after just a glance, the man took it from her and handed her his phone. “Let it charge in the car and be careful.”

He swiftly got out of the car and went into the building. The bodyguards went with him as well.

Lisa started the car again after his figure vanished inside and she continued forward.

The sky turned dark when she arrived at Lucas and Yuqi’s villa. The world seemed depressingly gray.

The villas here were pretty high-class while the environment around there was peaceful and calm. The street lamps started to light up as the sky turned dark, so it still felt like day time with all the bright lights around.