2:73

“I’m very innocent, alright?” She gasped and looked helplessly at him. “But he is still considered an upright gentleman. This is a different matter. If we can all rationally handle the problem, that would be for the best.”

She was glad that everyone had not allowed all these problems to get to their heads.

“Why do you sing such high praises of him? If he’s an upright gentleman, then what is your Mr. Jeon to you?” He squinted at her and smiled faintly as he looked at her swollen lips.

She fixed her clothes by the shoulders that he had wrinkled as she answered without a second thought, “Shark, thug!”

He then laughed out softly.

After a while, she could not help but ask, “What do we do then? If we don’t clarify this matter, it won’t be good for either Mingyu or I. That person’s sinister motives...”

When he heard this, the light in his eyes shifted. Moments after that, he said, “Wait.”

Wait?

Lisa was obviously puzzled. She felt that the way this man handled things was like deciphering clues, and she could never figure out his plans.

Meanwhile, her doubts were going to be resolved on the night itself.

They had just returned to the Maple Residence when Jungkook received Mingyu’s call. The second the call got through, he looked at her very delightedly before deciding on a venue for dinner with Mingyu.

At 8 p.m. that night, Jungkook and Lisa appeared in a high-profile manner at a very famous French restaurant. They booked the entire restaurant and officially invited the young master of Kim Group for dinner to thank him for saving Lisa. On top of that, Jungkook, who had always been low-profile, even gave Mingyu a unique present. It was also meant to be his birthday present — a feast of fireworks!

That night, in the distant night sky of Seoul, a lavish display of dazzling fireworks that ran for almost two hours was released. All of the fireworks spelled out the words “Happy Birthday, Master Kim!” “Bless Kim Mingyu With Longevity!” and so on. Almost the entire city knew that those were presents from the couple, Jungkook and Lisa, to Mingyu to express their gratitude!

Mingyu stood on the roof of the restaurant as he laughed bedazzlingly.

It was a bright and colorful feast for everyone’s eyes. Underneath the romantic fireworks, all of the rumors were discredited, and many people guessed that Jungkook and Lisa must have a unique relationship with Master Kim.

The night was cool and the crisp breeze blew calmly. The fireworks in the night sky had ended. After the beauty had passed, what remained was a long silence.

On the roof, Mingyu looked at Lisa, who was watching the starry sky, by the railings. He softly expressed, “I’m so happy about tonight.”

His handsome face lacked its usual demonic charm. Now that she looked at him, he seemed quite calm.

“I’ve thought of a lot of ways from his point of view. Apart from suppressing those reporters or holding a press conference to clarify this matter, I never would have thought there could be other ways to calm this storm. I never even would have thought of this way. Not only can it take down the rumors, but it even... seems like I’m really not as good as him,” said Mingyu calmly.

A wry smile flashed across his face as he sighed softly. “Actually, if it were not for Mimi’s thing, it would be a very joyous thing to be his friend.”

Gu Yumi?

When Lisa heard that name, she suddenly turned her body and looked at him silently. Upon noticing sorrow between his brows, she fell silent for a while, then said calmly, “Some things have happened, and you can’t change that. I’m not trying to help him be absolved of anything. All these years, because of that incident, he hasn’t been doing very well either. I believe that he...”