3:13

Lisa nodded gently. She pulled her hair back and washed her hands, then slowly went out.

She returned to sit back down at the dining table before softly saying, "I know my own body. It's fine." She gripped her chopsticks tightly while looking at the dishes before her. A few seconds passed before she finally managed to force herself to eat it.

"Missus, I'll prepare some more plain and nutritious Crucian carp soup for you... Or how about you tell me if there's anything you want to eat? I'll make it for you..."

She wanted to eat his honey sauce pork ribs...

But...

She paused before shaking her head. "Anything's fine. Do as you see fits. I don't have many thoughts about it, but, Sis Wang, your cooking is quite similar to his. It's much better than the restaurants outside. All these home-cooked food are done quite well. I enjoy them."

Lisa gingerly picked up a piece of sweet and sour pork ribs as she smiled at Sis Wang.

"Earlier, when I was helping Master in the kitchen, I would sometimes gauge the recipes. Furthermore, Master told me about your preferences."

Sis Wang smiled and looked Lisa with some admiration. She thought about it before continuing, "Missus, Master is so good to you. I've never seen such a considerate man such as Master. Missus, you've really lucked out."

When she heard this, Lisa could not help but smile. She slowly swallowed the food and wiped her mouth before she responded, "It's not just you. He also said to me that our happiness is sometimes built in the eyes of others, but I must admit he does treat me quite well."

"Master didn't use to like talking much. I've been looking after him every day even since before he left Seoul. When Maple Residence was set up, I came over too. I feel like ever since you joined the family, Master has changed a lot."

"Hasn't he been the same? How has he changed?" Lisa felt like he was a two-faced profiteer, but he did not previously reveal himself. She had always thought he was a stiff and decent kind of person.

"Master was quite hostile back then and didn't like to talk much, but he's different now. A day before Master left, he even gave me directions for breakfast, just the way you like it."

Sis Wang sighed and paused. "Especially after Master Yugyeom's incident, even though I don't know what exactly happened, but that one time, Master must've been heartbroken. After something happened to him, Master fell very sick. On the seventh day of his passing, he was even drunk and had a high fever. Master Yukhei and I were so worried. I was still a nurse then with Dr. Hong in the intensive care unit."

Upon hearing all of this, Lisa was stunned. She could not help but feel pain in her heart. She stopped what she was doing, and thought about it, then sighed. "He's like that. Even if he was incredibly upset, he wouldn't say a word. In the end, it's only him who suffers."

Nonetheless, he seemed to have told her many of his problems. Still, when he had shared them with her, his tone was mostly calm.

Sis Wang nodded. "Yes, that's how Master's like. But, Missus, ever since he married you, Maple Residence has become livelier. Everyone's waiting for the arrival of your little master or little princess. Master even told someone to set up two swings in the backyard two days ago, just right underneath the flower porch. They should be done quite soon."

"Swings?" Lisa raised her brows in puzzlement.

"Yes, Master says that the backyard is quite huge, so we could just set up a simple playground."

Lisa went back upstairs after a simple dinner. She then put on her sleeping robe and went to the study room after showering. After that, she started working on the data Zilang sent to her on the computer.