2:16

His tone was firm, “At the same time I want to see what Kim Group will do. I have a feeling that we’ll find something out after this storm is over.”

“I heard you’re sending Lucas and Yuqi over to Los Angeles?”

Bambam gave Jungkook a meaningful stare, “Are you thinking that someone might be there?”

“Lisa said she wants to visit South America, the view is nice over there, it’d be good to have our wedding there too, Lucas and Yuqi are back together now, I’m letting them take a short vacation together while they scout the place.”

Bambam nodded. “I had a talk with Eunwoo yesterday. Every time Mansik went abroad, he’d always pass Los Angeles. I think we can leak this information to Mingyu or Unjeong to test them.”

“It might be better if we let them struggle among themselves while we take action only when needed.”

Bambam had put a lot of effort into this lately. It was evident that he worked hard to track Mansik down.

“Eunwoo purposely went to a hotel in San Francisco that Mansik has stayed in before. He found out that he actually went there for business. Nothing seemed odd.”

Jungkook’s eyes darkened, but his hands did not stop at all.

Bambam’s expression darkened as he hesitated for a moment. “Get Lucas to investigate it thoroughly when he’s over there this time. We might be able to find something out.”

“Mansik is really skilled at anti-spying. His background has made him really sensitive about it. I tried sending people to follow him, but all of them lost him somewhere. He must be really vigilant.”

Jungkook’s expression turned serious as well while a cold light was emitted from his deep, dark eyes.

Bambam suddenly thought about it and asked, “How’s the investigation on the accident in Busan? Don’t tell me it’s really just an accident. It doesn’t add up. That’s the Gu family’s turf. You might’ve been watched the whole time you were there. Moreover, it’s such massive news that you came back to take over Glory World. They must have been aware.”

Jungkook put aside the spices he just mixed, then he took the potatoes Bambam washed and started slicing them up. His expression returned to his usual calmness.

“The driver is in the last stage of lung cancer and he’s unconscious now. Before that, his lover suddenly received a transaction of $200,000. After some investigation, we found out the driver transferred it to her, but the clues ended right there.”

Jungkook’s voice was calm, but Bambam frowned. “So, the driver might have something about that person? Didn’t you check his account?”

“The driver banked the cash in. We couldn’t get any useful information about it unless the driver can talk.”

Bambam held his forehead. “This seems really tricky. I think you should be more careful as I’m feeling quite uneasy about this. If someone were behind this, they’d be coming for you. You should be more alert from now on. Assign more bodyguards with you. You’ve got many anyway.”

He continued, apparently worried about it, “I’m worried that the Gu family or the Kim family might be behind this. You’ll be in a very passive position. Be careful before we’re clear what’s happening. The enemy is in the dark, after all, so be cautious.”

“Don’t worry. They need to reevaluate themselves if they really want to come at me.”

Bambam shrugged when he heard Jungkook’s relaxed tone. “You’re really not worried at all, huh? You’d better take care of yourself. If something happens to you, your wife might just go down with you. I know it’s not something nice to hear, but I don’t think she can take a second blow now. I heard from Yuqi that Lisa almost broke down when Elder passed away.”