3:00

"Instead, she wanted me to be friendly to Luna and hoped that I could grow up peacefully. I know she didn't want me to get involved in their matters, and although I've blamed her for this before, I'm thankful for her."

"Mmm, Mother is a wise lady, and it has been tough for her." Jungkook thought highly of Chitthip. Although he did not agree with everything she had done, he was impressed by her wisdom and attitude.

Lisa nodded as she sighed again. "I suddenly think that compared to many other people, my life isn't really that tough. Sure, it feels painful when going through a hard time, but I realized that it's not really a big deal after I've gone through it. Although Mingyu always looks weird and isn't serious at work, I know that's not his true self. I saw the proposals he's made before. They were nearly flawless, and he could answer my questions during our meeting as well. I can conclude that he's a responsible and careful person."

"I see you think highly of him. Aren't you worried that I'll get jealous?" He smiled as he threw her a meaningful glance.

She pursed her lips and smiled as she wrapped her arms around herself. "It's my honor. That proves that my charm has elevated to another level. Didn't you praise him as well? Anyhow, it depends if he can satisfy Grandpa's standard. Hmm, Grandpa looks pretty exhausted lately. I hope..."

"Grandpa is wise and has a pair of sharp eyes. With his experience, he'll know if a person is skilled or not in just a glance. Do you think he's been fooling around for the past few decades?"

"Your flattery won't reach Grandpa, and I'm not going to tell him."

"I'm telling the truth."

"Lies!"

"Alright, let's sleep earlier. I'm having a gathering with Bambam and the others tomorrow. I'll bring you out somewhere as well."

He had promised Bambam and Eunwoo to catch up the next day, so Jungkook planned to visit the Leisure Club before heading to the Imperial Sky Entertainment Club at night.

However, their plan was forced to change. The two of them woke up early the next morning. As they were about to head out after breakfast, Chan called to inform that Deng Wenwen's condition seemed to have worsened. In the end, they decided to go take a look.

Outside the room, Chan walked up when he saw Jungkook and Lisa. His expression was grim.

"Master, Director Manoban. You guys are finally here."

"What's the situation?" Jungkook halted his steps and frowned when he saw Chan's expression.

Chan took a deep breath. He had not slept for the whole night and he looked exhausted. In a solemn tone, he updated them, "She was just wheeled out of the operating room not too long ago after going through a simple procedure last night. Her condition suddenly worsened at midnight, and the doctors spent the whole night operating on her. She's still alive but her condition is still critical, and Deng Wenwen most likely can never move again just like a person in a vegetative state. It's questionable whether she can make it past this phase."

"How did her condition suddenly worsen?" Jungkook gave Chan a doubtful glance. Because of Marco's call, he had told Chan to keep an eye on Deng Wenwen. She had been still doing pretty alright just a while ago, and nothing odd happened, so how did she get into critical condition now?

Chan said quietly, "Master, I checked and found out that Yoo Dari came to visit last night. Deng Wenwen's condition worsened soon after she left. Honestly, I think she should be the cause."

"Dari?" Lisa frowned as she repeated her name.

Her relationship with Deng Wenwen had broken down a long time ago. Before Luna entered the family, Deng Wenwen still treated her nicely to get on Oscar and Marco's good side. However, after Luna came into the family, Lisa became powerless.