3:31

“I get it, I get it, Uncle! I’ll make sure to reflect on my behavior. I was too reckless this time. Please don’t let Grandfather worry about this matter as he’s getting old. I’ll try my best to do everything that I can. Leave it to me!” Luna interrupted before Darwin could finish his sentence. Her tone of voice sounded respectful, but she hid the bitterness in her eyes.

Darwin nodded. “That’s good to hear. By the way, take note of Yumi and be on good terms with her if possible. She’s someone valued highly by Mansik, so it should be advantageous for you to get close to her.”

Luna took a deep breath and nodded. “Okay, I’ll take note of her. Don’t worry, Uncle.”

“Her relationship with the Kim brothers is a little special. No matter who’s in charge of Kim Group in the future, Yueying will be fine as long as you keep a good relationship with her. Understand?”

Darwin was a sly fox with many years of experience in the business world. Obviously, he was on Mansik’s side, and he had been pressured a lot by Unjeong. He was hoping for Luna to have some other alternatives than just himself. Judging from what happened today, Unjeong probably had something up her sleeve, thus Darwin needed to have some plans.

-

Mingyu imagined many different scenarios about how they would meet again, but he never expected them to reunite under such circumstances. He thought she would at least reappear with Minjun, yet...

She was still as beautiful as ever. The only difference was the faint depressive vibe around her.

By the corridor behind the hall, Mingyu grabbed Yumi’s slender shoulders as he asked, “How are you, Mimi? Where have you been all these years? I’ve sent people to look for you for a very very long time. I thought I’d never see you again...”

Yumi pushed Mingyu’s hand away and put on a bitter smile. “Don’t do this, Gyu... I’m here now, aren’t I?”

“Mimi, what happened back then? Minjun and you... Why was Yugyeom in the car as well? Why would he...?”

Mingyu ignored Yumi’s struggling and gripped her shoulder tightly as he bombarded her with loads of questions.

Yumi’s expression turned pale when Mingyu mentioned the accident. She felt a migraine coming on as she quickly shook her head. “I don’t know, I don’t know. I don’t remember anything, nothing at all! Don’t ask me about it. I’m having a headache!”

Mingyu looked at Yumi’s pale little face. Worried, he helped her to stand properly and asked with a grim expression, “What’s wrong? Mimi, what happened to you?”

Yumi took a deep breath as she pressed her forehead with her right hand. “I forgot what happened when I woke up. the doctor said it’s selective amnesia, so I don’t know anything about it now. I don’t know what happened before. Don’t ask me about it.”

Mingyu brought Yumi to sit down at a nearby wooden chair as he asked, “Okay! Okay! I won’t ask then. How do you feel now? Do you need a doctor?”

Yumi shook her head. “I’m alright. I’ll be fine after a while.”

“Mimi, where have you been all these years? Where’s Minjun? Why isn’t he here?”

Yumi’s eyes darkened slightly before she forced a smile. “I’ve been staying abroad for the past few years. I was under observation for a very long time because I sustained brain damage. I only gradually woke up after being bed-ridden for a year in the hospital. I haven’t seen Minjun since I woke up and I don’t have any information about him as well.”