2:89

She took a deep breath, then spoke in a lowered voice, “Last night, Jimin bumped into Hanbin at the bar. He was really drunk and almost got hit by a car when he left. Anyway, Jimin dragged him to stay at a nearby hotel. Jimin said that he... he kept calling out your name. After that, Luna rushed over. I’m worried that... that woman would get up to mischief because of this. You have to watch out. Don’t let her get her way!”

As Chaeyoung spoke, she could not help but worry because she knew Luna all too well.

Yet, upon hearing Chaeyoung, Lisa was slightly stunned. Her hand that held the phone froze in the air.

“Lili, what do you think Hanbin is trying to do? Don’t tell me that he’s regretting it and missing you now! What the hell is this? When Jimin told me about this, I thought it was quite unbelievable! To be honest, I think he suits Luna very well. They can’t be peaceful together and have to torment each other like this. I’d like to see how long they’d last! Being with a woman who isn’t what she seems is disgusting. This is the best punishment for him! Earlier, I even heard that he wanted to get a divorce from Luna, but now, I think it’s even better to let them hate each other and wear each other out!”

When Chaeyoung spoke about this, she could not help but be outraged. She cursed Hanbin and Luna.

“Luna is quite delighted now. While she has the little one in her, she’s really acting recklessly. Even Hanbin’s mother is all over her now. A few days ago, I even bumped into them at the New Era Plaza.”

Chaeyoung continued to ramble on. Obviously, she could not see the mix of emotions that surfaced on Lisa’s shocked face. Initially, Lisa wanted to respond to Chaeyoung, yet before she could say anything, the man beside her grabbed the phone away.

“Is this Chaeyoung? Next time, don’t tell Lisa anything about Hanbin. Got it?”

Jungkook’s sudden deep voice was colored with cold hostility and silenced Chaeyoung. After a while, she responded apologetically, “Sorry, Master Jeon. I was worried that Luna... would think of mischief against Lisa again.”

He overheard everything that Chaeyoung said earlier.

So, Hanbin was drunk? He had even been thinking about Lisa endlessly. Any other man would be fuming too, what more Jungkook who had spent a lot of effort squeezing his way into Lisa’s heart.

“She wouldn’t play any tricks,” Jungkook said emotionlessly, then hung up. His handsome face vaguely darkened.

Lisa quickly tugged at him and frowned. “Don’t be angry. Chaeng didn’t have ill intentions. Don’t be so mean to her. She just wanted to warn me.”

When she finished, Jungkook just shot her a glare. Upon seeing her hand grip onto him tightly, his expression softened quite a bit. He did not say anything and just silently poured her a glass of milk while Lisa just stared at him. After a long while, when she saw that he had no plans of saying anything, she lowered her gaze.

“Petty,” she muttered softly as she lowered her head and took the milk that he handed her.

When he heard that, he immediately swiveled to look at her. His intent gaze could really startle someone. “You’re quite enjoying your high market value, are you?”

“How would I dare? That gaze of yours can kill me!” She shot him a look and dared not get closer to his rage, so she curled up and silently drank her milk with her head lowered.

“He knows you’re a good woman now, huh? When did his judgment experience such a major improvement? No wonder the last time he even talked about being willing to turn back time. Has he suddenly come to his senses?” His current tone was clearly sharp and unkind. “These kind of people are the most unreliable. Ignore him. I can’t stand him as a man either. Hey, what’s with this glare of yours? I’m not being petty or jealous. I’m just debating the facts with you, teaching you how to judge people.”