3:42

As Lisa walked into the hospital, she asked, "How're things on Yumi's end?"

"I just received news that she's regained consciousness. The people from the police station seem to have just left. Shall we go over now?" Mina responded.

"Mmm, let's go."

Yumi's ward was the VIP ward on the 19th floor. Lisa and Mina walked up and stopped not too far away from the door.

Mina waved to the two black-suited bodyguards behind her. Immediately understanding, they guarded the door.

"Wait for me outside. I'll call you if there's anything," Lisa said, and then before Mina could answer, she had already walked in herself.

Inside the ward, Yumi was lying on the bed all pale. When she heard the sound of footsteps from the door, she subconsciously looked over and saw Lisa's figure greet her sight. A faint smile flashed on her lips while she looked with interest at Lisa.

Without waiting for Lisa to greet, Yumi had already spoken up, "We meet again, Miss Manoban. Such fate."

Lisa stopped near her bed and looked at her with dim eyes and a lukewarm attitude. "I find it quite unfortunate instead."

When Yumi heard her response, her dazzling blue eyes flickered a bit, but she smiled graciously. "Unfortunate? It does seem quite unfortunate. The victim's family was too rash, pushing me down the stairs. My left hand is fractured. The doctor said it might be inconvenient for my mobility after I recover."

When Lisa heard Yumi's nonchalant tone, her expression darkened. She spoke with a hint of bitterness in her voice as her gaze was fixed on Yumi, "Miss Gu, are you saying that Chaeyoung really pushed you down the stairs?"

"Park Chaeyoung?"

Yumi glanced at Lisa in shock as she frowned. "Do you know this Miss Park, Director Manoban?"

She hesitated, then suddenly seemed to remember something as she said in surprise, "Oh, I remember now. I heard that you're good friends with Mr. and Ms. Park, aren't you?"

As she said that, a faint curve flashed on the corner of her lips. Her gaze with which she looked at Lisa looked a tad more delighted.

Lisa glared at Yumi coldly without saying anything in response as she examined her. She did notice a thick layer of bandage wrapped around her left arm and a slight bruise on her extremely sympathetic face. With her exquisitely beautiful appearance, she did seem coldly delicate, yet there was an odd sign of strength and endurance of suffering between her brows.

She did find Yumi an exceptionally elegant beauty, yet the aura she exuded made her oddly uncomfortable as if there was something sinister about her. She wondered if she was overthinking it.

"Miss Gu, why would you insist that it was Chaeyoung who pushed you down the stairs?" Lisa immediately asked frankly.

When she heard the question, Yumi suddenly smiled. "Oh, it turns out that you've come for this too, Miss Manoban? Miss Park's emotional. I don't blame her. After all, with Mr. Park in the state that he is, she must be quite shaken too. Thankfully, the police arrived in time. Otherwise, I was really worried that she'd break down."

Lisa looked down at Yumi who lay on the sickbed as she said calmly, "But Chaeyoung said that she didn't push you and that you fell yourself, Ms. Gu. I know her well. She wouldn't irrationally push you down the stairs. Could there have been some kind of misunderstanding here?"

A smile flashed in Yumi's eyes as she spoke apologetically, "I can understand your worry, Ms. Manoban. I also express my sympathy for her current situation, but the police saw it themselves too. My hands are tied. If you've come for this, then I can only apologize. Uncle Kim will be sending someone to handle this. I almost forgot that Ms. Manoban seems to have some prejudice against me. My current health isn't great and my head is still heavy. I want to rest for a while, so I won't talk to you for long now."