2:77

At the Jeon Residence at night.

After a simple dinner and some tea, the whole family took a break together. Boram was sitting by the table and going through her old letters, mostly consisting of some trivial matters and photos. She would take a look at them whenever she was bored to reminisce the past. With her getting older, she could only think about what she had done when she was younger, and what was memorable to her.

Joonwoo was sitting on a rattan chair nearby, reading a book with the help of his glasses.

“Hey, I really think that I’m getting old now. I feel so sentimental every time I look at these pictures. It feels like we just joined the army yesterday. How did we get old in the blink of an eye?” Boram touched the old photos as she said.

Joonwoo averted his gaze from his book and looked at his wife. “Well, that’s just how it goes. Do you still think that you’re twenty over years old? Even Jaeyoung is past 50 now.”

“My body is still holding up fine. Hopefully, I can live long enough to see Lisa and Jungkook’s child grow up. They’ve been married for half a year. Why is there no news at all? Do you think they don’t care about this at all? He is going to be 30 soon, and I’m pretty worried about them. Lisa should be around 26 or 27, isn’t she?” mentioned Boram anxiously.

“Leave the youngsters alone and let things flow naturally. Moreover, they’re busy now. Boonlong is getting old and retiring soon. He’s got it much rougher than us. Boonlong’s been alone for a long time. Hasn’t he thought of finding another partner? Fuhua passed away so many years ago.” Joonwoo sighed.

Boram glared at Joonwoo the moment he finished his sentence. “What do you know? He is just an army recruit who had nothing. Just who do you think Fuhua is? It’s his blessing that she got together with him!”

“Hmph, didn’t Boonlong treat her really well afterward? Sure, he was like a thug. I wonder how he ended up with Fuhua. Her admirers could fill up a soccer field. I don’t understand what she saw in Boonlong. And then there’s you, I doubt there’s anyone as good-looking and talented as I am among your admirers. Why did you even dislike me at first?”

“Fuhua has excellent taste. If I really have to point it out, you’re definitely not better than Boonlong.”

“How is he better than me? I’m born prestigious and a gentleman. How is he better?”

“Just by the fact that he loves his wife faithfully, that’s so much better than you! For his company, Fu Hua Property, he used Fuhua’s name. What about you? Before you knew me, you were just another playboy. Do you think you’re better because you have more money?”

Hope realized he had made a mistake. He should not have mentioned this. Women were especially scary when talking about the past. He had experienced this many times before!

When he first got married to Boram, she could easily pin him down and he could not do anything. After that, people knew Joonwoo had gotten himself a fierce wife and had become a typical wife slave.

“I’m not going to talk to you about it again!”

If he continued they would probably start an argument again. After all, they had been going at it for several decades!

As Boram was about to say something, the telephone started ringing. Joonwoo went to pick it up.

It was a call from Chan.

“Elder President, it's Chan.” His voice came through.

“Oh, Bangchan? It’s been a while since you called me. What’s the matter?”