3:14

"Shut up! It's none of your business! Don't always act like you know everything!" Mina's expression worsened. There was no doubt that Bambam had stepped on her old wound.

Bambam shrugged without giving her a second look and went straight into his car. As he was about to leave, the door to the front passenger seat opened suddenly as Mina entered and slammed the door.

"Send me back to get my car," Mina said unhappily. There no way would she take a cab back!

He took her there, so he had to send her back!

Bambam squinted at her, but he did not decline as he swiftly started his car.

"Why didn't you apply to be a military officer afterward? I remember that you were qualified, and I even heard that you have the full rights to pass instantly. You've gathered a lot of achievements, haven't you?"

He felt the surrounding air suffocating him as they were on the way back, so he tried to start a conversation.

Bambam found out from Lucas that she was working as Lisa's bodyguard.

Mina seemed to be lost in her thoughts after she heard Bambam's question. Her eyes darkened as she turned her head and looked outside the window. She stayed quiet for a long while as lights flashed past her face.

Bambam did not say anything else and just sped up as she remained silent.

After some time, Mina finally spoke up, "I was worried that he'd be waiting for too long. I wanted to save the relationship. That's why I gave up."

Bambam did not expect to hear her answer. He thought she was not going to answer him at all.

He shook his head and sighed. "Now, do you know why this occupation doesn't earn the understanding of others? How could a man who needs you to compromise be a good man? Just take it as a lesson."

"Yes, all men are trash. Their mouths are full of lies."

Mina laughed coldly and sucked a deep breath in. "But I can only blame myself for being foolish. I was too naive to believe in him so easily."

Bambam smiled. "That's some good insight for you, but that man looks like trash anyway. I don't understand how your eyes work. What attracts you to that man? His looks? Power? Money? And what do you mean by all men are trash? Isn't Instructor Jeon a good man? Most of the men around me are great. You just haven't met them, so be more impartial."

Bambam could not help but defend his brethren.

Mina was stunned for a moment when he mentioned Jungkook. She was reminded of how caring he was towards Lisa and had to admit that Chairman Jeon was indeed a good man and a good husband. She always thought he was an aloof man during her days in camp and she could not understand why a man like him would join the army! However, a person of his calibre was very charismatic with his quiet personality, especially when he wore his uniform.

Nonetheless, Mina still thought Jungkook's current identity suited him better. Perhaps she thought being in the business world could further utilize his wisdom and charisma.

"I'm afraid there aren't many men like Chairman Jeon in the world. He's a special sample with extraordinary genes," Mina replied.

"That's some harsh bias there. I'm representing the whole male population to protest against you. Your mindset is very dangerous!" Bambam frowned.

Mina raised her eyebrows, shooting daggers at Bambam sullenly as he questioned her opinion.

+

Work gradually fell in place in the next few days.

Lisa went out early and came back home late at night as usual. She had a very busy schedule, and Mina stayed by her side at all times.