3:02

Lisa took a deep breath and said gently, “You don’t have to worry about me. I’m still fine at the moment. He has a lot of work piled up these few days. I’ll also try to get some work done while I can. I’ll probably get sick if I always stay at home.”

“Okay, I know I can’t convince you, but it’s okay if you don’t want to move back. I’ll move over then when it’s time. By the way, I overheard Chan’s phone call with your grandfather just now. He said Deng Wenwen’s condition is pretty bad and you guys went to visit her. What happened?”

It was pretty difficult to hide things from Boram.

Lisa nodded and explained, “Last night, we received Father’s phone call at Manoban residence. He said there was an emergency at the rehabilitation center, so Jungkook sent Chan over immediately. Her surgery was only completed this morning, and she’s still in a critical phase right now. We planned to go out somewhere today, but we received Chan’s call, so we went straight to the rehabilitation center.”

When Lisa said this, Boram instantly frowned too.

She knew about the grudges between Wenwen, Marco, Chitthip. Even though she had always been unwilling to interfere much, she still felt outraged over the injustice towards Chitthip and Lisa.

She had never been in contact with Wenwen and Dari, but she heard that they were quite reputable in the entertainment industry. Nonetheless, as capable as a woman was, Boram had seen it all, and she did not necessarily favor them.

“You two will have tons to worry with this issue. Okay, let’s not talk about it anymore. I’ll brew some soup for you in the kitchen. Your mother’s coincidentally rushed over to do some inspection work. Later on, she’ll come over for dinner, and then go home with me.”

Boram sighed, not wanting to talk about unhappy things anymore, so she just stood up.

“Is Mother coming over? Let me be your assistant then.”

“Mmm, but she might be a little late. Just sit. It’s enough with Sis Wang helping me. You haven’t tried my dishes in a while, have you?”

“I’ll cook sweet and sour fish then since Sis Wang has bought the ingredients.”

“Okay, I’ll call her right now. Tell her to buy more ingredients. See if Jungkook can come back for dinner.”

After a while, Sis Wang bought the ingredients back home and started to get busy in the kitchen with Boram.

It was getting gradually dark. Soon, the entire sky was engulfed in darkness, and the streetlights in the yard lit up.

When Gyungmi came over, it was close to 8 p.m. at night. Boramwas still busy in the kitchen while Lisa was flipping through documents.

“Yesterday, your father told me that you and Jungkook seem to be moving about and that you found Sis Lan. Do you have any leads now?”

She would occasionally ask about this. Even though Boram did say that she did not allow them to continue to be involved in the matter, Gyungmi would understand Yuqi. Despite she and Jaeyoung being closer to her, they still were not her biological parents. If she could have understood this earlier and mentally prepared the children earlier, they wouldn’t have...

Lisa obviously could hear the unnatural tone in Gyungmi’s voice. She seemed to sound a little sad and was not quite the same as her usual serious manner. However, the way she was at the moment made Lisa feel an unnamed closeness.

“Mmm, we did find Sis Lan. Earlier, we heard that she was hospitalized. According to the doctor, she doesn’t have much time left. Initially, I wanted to look for her again, but Jungkook went there himself. I’m not sure what happened after that either. I feel like Sis Lan should know more about what happened years ago, but she’s not willing to say anything. When I went looking for her the last time, I couldn’t get anything useful out of her. She just said some things about Aunty’s past.”