3:44

When they woke up the next day, the rain was still pouring outside. Jungkook considerately prepared breakfast before going upstairs to wake her up to wash up.

She had not rested well for quite a few days now, but last night, she slept soundly till the morning.

Lisa pulled her blanket away a little unwillingly as she was woken up. She half-opened her dazed eyes and looked at Jungkook who was preparing her outfit for her by the wardrobe. She did not say anything for a long time.

"Quickly wash up. It's almost 9 a.m. Have breakfast first and rest for today."

He brought over clothes for her to change, but when Lisa took a look, she immediately rolled her eyes. Then, she reflexively looked down at her baby bump, and Jungkook remembered she was...

He quickly chuckled apologetically. "I forgot..."

"I can't wear these clothes anymore now. Go get a few larger long blouses and a couple of windbreakers for me."

"Didn't Grandmother prepare maternity dresses for you?" he asked in puzzlement.

"I don't look good wearing those. It's usually okay to just wear those large blouses and windbreakers. Chaeyoung knitted a few long blouses for me too. They fit very well on me. Besides, I'm not used to wearing those clothes to work."

She lifted a hand to fix her beautiful yet messy, long hair. She looked up at him standing by the bedside as she caressed her baby bump, asking softly, "Do you think I've become ugly?"

When she said this, Jungkook lowered his head to plant a kiss on her forehead. With a chuckle, his tone contained a hint of reprimand. "Who said so? You only know how to think of this nonsense. As ugly as you may be, you'd still be prettier than Ok-Jeong..." (She's apparently the most beautiful woman in Joseon)

"Are you sure?" Upon hearing that, a smile rippled on her bright and animated face.

He did not answer and just patted her head. "Quickly get up and wash up. I'll prepare your clothes for you. Finish your breakfast, then we'll make a trip back to the Jeon residence. At night, we'll have dinner at the Shen residence. I've already informed Grandmother and Grandpa."

She raised her eyebrows and looked a little shocked at him. Then, she could not help but snicker. "Kook, I suddenly realize that you have the potential to be a good husband."

"What do you mean by 'good husband'?" The man looked at her puzzledly.

She smiled sweetly, got up, and swiftly planted a kiss on his cheek. "I'm praising you right now!"

Before he could react, she already walked towards the bathroom. He watched as she vanished into the bathroom. Then, a faint smile flashed across his lips.

After the breakfast, the husband and wife rested for a while, then Jungkook said he wanted to return to the Jeon residence, so Lisa quickly went upstairs to get her things.

When he saw her bringing a huge bag into the car, he reached out to take it as he asked, "What's this?"

"Those accessories you brought back for me. I don't quite like these things, but this set looks like it suits Mother, so I'm bringing it for her. Two days ago, I told her that you bought it just for her, and she was quite thrilled to hear it. Then, she said that she hasn't been too caring towards you in recent years, so you and she aren't close..."

A light flashed in his deep eyes. He smiled faintly and looked at her as he dotingly patted her head and said in a deep voice, "Missus you're so considerate. Actually, you have the potential to be a good wife too."