3:18

Soon after they got into the ward, Jimin let his father, who had been worrying the whole morning, go home first. Chaeyoung woke up moments later. She looked at the people around and her first reaction was to look for her child. Jimin quickly gestured to his mother carry the baby over.

While the child was born earlier than expected, she was pretty healthy as a whole.

“Lili why are you here as well?” Chaeyoung played with her daughter for a while as she looked at Lisa joyfully.

“Lisa was here way before this,” Jimin told her.

“I’m glad that both of you are safe. The child is adorable. Have you thought of a name for her?” Lisa closed in cheerfully. Chaeyoung looked much gentler than before now that she had become a mother and had adopted her maternal instincts. It was a surprising sight to see.

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows and looked at Jimin. “I’ve never really thought about a name. Can we name her something flashy?”

Jimin gave it some thought. “I can’t think of anything now. Give it a few days and let me think properly.”

“Never mind. I’ll come up with one on my own.” Chaeyoung glanced at her daughter before raising her head. She looked over Lisa who was framed by the warm sun outside the window. An idea flashed through her mind. “I got it! We’ll call her Park Sowon bright and hopeful, meaning a brand new hope. How does that sound?”

They repeated the name several times and found it pleasant, thus their daughter was christened Park Sowon.

Lisa sent Jungkook a text message by the corridor to share the good news with him and she unexpectedly received a phone call from him.

When she returned to the room, the child was gone with the nurse. Both the parents to Jimin and Chaeyoung had gone back as well while Jimin went to get some food for Chaeyoung.

“Lili, come here!”

Chaeyoung pointed to a seat beside her, signalling Lisa to sit down, Lisa nodded and went over.

Chaeyoung grabbed Lisa’s hand. “I heard about what happened to Deng Wenwen. Don’t feel too sad since it’s all in the past now. Maybe things will calm down with her absence. You handled her funeral, didn’t you? Where’s Luna? She benefitted so much from Deng Wenwen, but she didn’t even try to do anything for her?”

Chaeyoung felt unjust for Lisa. She had been ostracized by Deng Wenwen, yet she was the one that had helped to arrange her funeral.

Lisa patted Chaeyoung’s hand. “It’s alright. Jungkook asked Lucas to handle the funeral. I didn’t really do anything apart from attending it. It’s my father’s responsibility, so we can’t avoid it. With him around, I don’t really need to worry much.”

That man was observant and detail-oriented. Most of the time, he was well-prepared in advance way before she even needed to ask him for it. Lisa only realized yesterday that he had been keeping an eye on the rehabilitation center. She should be the one taking care of things here with Marco not around at that moment. Still, when Deng Wenwen passed away, he already knew about it before she called him and he had also given orders to handle her funeral immediately right after.

Chaeyoung nodded. “True enough. It seems like I don’t need to worry about you then! Lili, without Jungkook around, you have to take care of yourself. You look like you’ve lost weight recently. I’ll ask my mother to make you some soup every day. Your office isn’t that far away from here anyway.”

“It’s fine, Chaeng. My mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law are working on that. I’ve been consuming a lot of tonics too. For some reason, I’m just not gaining weight although the little thing inside is getting bigger.” Lisa smiled.