2:83

Jungkook put on a feeble smile. He raised his hand and tossed something to Mingyu who grabbed it. It was a hard disk, and he gave Jungkook a doubtful glance.

Jungkook explained in a cold tone, “These are the information we have on Yumi from the past few years. We still can’t locate Minjun, so stop bothering Lisa in the future and don’t tell her about any of this. Can you promise me that?”

“If you’re innocent, why are you so worried about Lisa knowing?” Mingyu clenched his fists as he gave Jungkook a mocking stare.

“I don’t want these past traumas to affect my current life. Furthermore, she’s bearing my child now and I don’t want her to get involved. You’d better not make a big fuss out of this. Yumi is on a world tour giving speeches at the moment, and Seoul is in her schedule as well. She’ll be back here very soon. If you have any grudges, talk to her. She knows best what happened.”

Jungkook’s expression was cold, he sounded impatient as well.

Lisa was pregnant?

Mingyu was stunned by this new information. Moments later, he looked at Jungkook and said, “You... Didn’t you agree to marry Mimj because you liked her? I remember Yugyeom said...”

“Liked?” Before Mingyu could finish his sentence, Jungkook interrupted him as he smiled and looked into his eyes. “I’ve no idea what that word meant in the past 20 years of my life. What do you think?”

Mingyu saw his smile, and he felt a shiver travel down his spine. “What about now?”

Jungkook just stared at Mingyu quietly for a while before he turned back and returned into the villa quietly.

“I’m going to be 30 soon. I’m starting to understand things better after a year.” He left that sentence in the air as he swiftly went into the villa.

Mingyu was stunned for a moment as he looked at the empty entrance. He was deep in thought until the cigarette burned his finger. He lowered his head and looked at the hard disk, then he looked at the empty staircase. After some time, he put on a smile and left.

-

Lisa finished showering when he got back to the room. She was drying her hair on the living room sofa when a large hand suddenly grabbed the towel from her. He sat down beside her and continued what she was doing moments before.

Caught off-guard, she turned and looked at the man beside her.

She noticed that he had been appearing and vanishing suddenly. He would just pop out from somewhere without a sound.

“Has he gone back?” She gladly accepted the plate of fruits he brought her, casually picking a grape and popping it into her mouth.

“Mmm,” he replied. His hand movements were gentle as he twirled her hair. “Cut your hair shorter tomorrow. Don’t you think it’s difficult to manage it? It’ll be much harder for you to go out in a few months.”

“I don’t want to. If it gets difficult, I’ll get you to wash it for me,” she said straightforwardly, her eyes shining like diamonds. “Otherwise it feels too easy for you. You’re responsible for the child too.”

He stared at her and chuckled. “You’re getting over your head now. Aren’t you the most precious one? You’re Grandmother’s utmost concern at the moment. Take this grape for example. She delivered it by air for you, and they totally forgot about the existence of their grandson. Moreover, I’m helping you out now, so how’s this easy for me?”

“Jungkook, I realized that your self-awareness has weakened. The little person in my stomach is your future successor, the hope of the country, and you’re feeling aggrieved while serving me? I don’t remember you having this many opinions before I got pregnant. Men sure change easily!” She smiled as she teased him.