2:34

Lucas had already prepared an SUV for them. When everything was prepared, they departed.

Their first destination was an ancient historical city in the depths of the savanna. The ancient city was built from beautiful castles. In fact, it was halfway up a mountain too.

“Get in.” Jungkook got into the car and knocked on the car window to signal Lisa to get in too. She was outside looking at the map.

Lisa nodded and sat in the front passenger seat unhurriedly. There were more than 10 SUVs behind them as everyone made their way to the same place. They were a fleet of cars all with skilled drivers behind the wheels.

The car drove on the broad highway while some drum tunes, as well as some pleasant singing, could be heard from the car behind.

As they went further, the road started to get a little rocky. When cars sped past them, sand and dust flew up everywhere. However, Jungkook maneuvered the car expertly and Lisa was having fun in the front passenger seat with a camera. She took some photos of the scenery from time to time.

“Kook, look over here!” she called out to him. Jungkook turned his head over, and in that instant, she pressed the button on the camera.

He smiled. “You can get some rest now. I’ll wake you up when we’ve arrived. Didn’t you say you wanted to take a nap just now? The scenery there will be much better. Save up your energy for the surprises there.”

Lisa nodded and put her camera away. “I’ll take a nap then. Wake me up after an hour and I’ll drive.”

“Okay.”

He patted her head before she went to sleep.

+

In contrast to their relaxed journey, a storm was brewing in Seoul

In the Grand Waves villa area, Mingyu was sitting by the dining table having his breakfast quietly while an elegant lady was sitting right opposite him.

She wore a luxurious-looking qipao with her hair tied into a bun. With a sharp chin and fair skin, her eyes seemed sharp and her lips were pink and tiny. She looked around 30 years of age. There was a special aura around her even when she was just casually sitting down.

She was Mingyu’s biological mother, Unjeong, the current Vice CEO of Kim Group. She possessed a third of all Kim Group’s stock and was well-known throughout the industry for strategizing the firm’s business tactics. Needless to say, she held an important position in the Kim Group. Even the CEO of Kim Group, Kim Mansik, had to be wary of her.

Mingyu’s appearance was mostly inherited from her. However, he did not get any of the threatening aura.

The two of them sat opposite each other without saying anything. They were just eating breakfast in silence.

Mingyu swallowed the food in his mouth as he looked at Unjeong and spoke indifferently, “When are you going back home? You’ve been staying over here for quite some days. Aren’t you worried that that man will bring those women back and take you out of your position?”

Unjeong suddenly raised her head and looked at Mingyu with a cold smile. “He can keep bringing them back if he’s not worried about what I’ll do to those women! Do you think I’ve never dealt with this before? Which one of them can stand before me?” She sounded like she did not care.

“He won’t give you Kim Group until his death if you keep on fighting with him like this. Isn’t your plan going to fail then? He’s really against the both of us, you know. Just look at how he treated me all these years,” Mingyu answered with a wicked grin.