2:67

“Find out who the person is. Who is using such a scheme? This is taboo to your grandmother! Don’t become someone else’s pawn. If it’s just purely by accident, I won’t say much, but if it’s intentional, then I’m afraid they are planning to stir up trouble. This isn’t a small matter and you must handle it well! Do they really think we’re fools, that we’d believe this little trick? Do we look so gullible?”

Joonwoo was not someone to go up against because he could quickly figure things out.

“Mmm, I got it, Grandfather.”

“Gguk-ah, tell me the truth. Does this have anything to do with you? Why do I keep hearing that you and Lisa have been meeting with mishaps recently? Earlier, she was even blocked in the tunnel. What was that about?” Joonwoo could not help but ask.

He had probably heard about it from Lucas, so now...

When he brought this up, Jungkook felt some frustration rise. He held his forehead with a hand. “I’ll explain these things to you later on. Don’t worry, Grandfather.”

He could hear Jungkook’s warning tone. He thought about it, then decided to cut this conversation short. “Okay then, you have your own thoughts, so I won’t interfere much, but you must watch out for yourself. Things have been getting too odd recently. I’m worried that...”

“Mmm, I know.” Jungkook did not let him continue and just hung up like that.

Night crept closer. Lisa was carried away by a whim tonight. Suddenly, she wanted to personally cook something while Jungkook looked on favorably. He just told her that he was going out for a bit, and would come back for dinner with her. She went along and started to get busy in the kitchen while Jungkook left the house.

+

Night time in Seoul was magnificent and enchanting. With the brilliant colors of the city, it was monstrous and multicolored akin to an illusion.

Inside the underground carpark near Yueying Culture Media Company.

The patter of clear and rhythmic footsteps was heard. Under the dim lights, a figure with an evident baby bump slowly appeared.

She donned a white cotton dress with a handbag in her hand.

It was Luna who was going home late.

She had been busy in the office till late recently.

She walked towards her own car and was about to open the door when a strong light suddenly shone from across. It was so bright that she almost could not open her eyes!

Luna did not even know what happened. She just heard a swoosh and then someone said, “Miss Luna, our boss would like to invite you over for a chat.”

Next up, before she could even answer, she was seized into the car before it swiftly drove away from the carpark.

She struggled, but the two men who held her locked onto her tightly, so she could barely move about. As loud as she yelled, the car was soundproofed well, hence even if she screamed till she lost her voice, no one would be able to hear her.

“Let me go! Let me go! Who are you!? Let me go! Ah! Ah!”

Luna struggled like a mad woman. Her screeches could almost rupture one’s eardrums. Nonetheless, the black-clothed men with shades held her down impatiently. Then, one of them slapped her, and the angry imprint of a palm immediately appeared on Luna’s face. Abruptly, the screeches stopped.

“Miss Luna, my advice is for you to behave so you will avoid anymore physical suffering. You will meet our boss!” insisted the man apathetically, and Luna finally shut up. She dared not make any more noise because she knew that even she did, she would not be able to escape, so she might as well meet their so-called boss.