3:43

When the plane arrived at the private airport in Seoul it was already late at night. Cold winter rain was pouring outside, and with the patter of the rain and the wind sneaking into the night, it was even colder and bleaker.

The cabin door opened followed by the stairs being lowered. Chan appeared at the entrance of the cabin first to see that the people below had already prepared the car to fetch them.

He opened the huge black umbrella as he leaned to the side. "Master, be careful. It's still raining outside..."

Before he could finish, Jungkook's handsome and tall figure had already walked past him and down the stairs without even waiting for Chan to hold the umbrella out for him.

He walked through the patter of the rain with apathy toward the car.

Chan sighed and quickly caught up with an umbrella in his hand. "Be careful, Master. It's still raining outside!"

"Master!" The bodyguards bowed respectfully.

Jungkook nodded without stopping. His deep voice rumbled in the rain, "Go straight to Maple Residence."

He then went into the car, and Chan quickly closed the door. As he was heading towards the front passenger seat, Jungkook rolled down the car window and said, "Chan, you can head back first. Leave the documents in the car. You can have the day off tomorrow."

"Yes, Master!" He then left the heavy briefcase right beside Jungkook's seat.

The car then slowly moved forward in the rain.

+

It was late at night and the breeze was blowing wildly outside. Inside the study room on the second floor, one could still hear the howl of the wind even though the windows were shut tightly.

Lisa was sitting on a chair right beside the tall bookshelf. She had fallen asleep with an opened book on her lap.

Boram got a phone call after dinner and she went back to the Jeon Residence after that. She mentioned she would come again tomorrow morning. Lisa overheard Joonwoo calling her. He seemed to have fallen sick and was suffering at the moment, so she offered to send Boram off and arranged for a chauffeur to send her back.

Lisa then gave Jungkook a call when she arrived back at Maple Residence, but his phone was switched off, and she could not contact Lucas as well. Fortunately, Bambam called her from abroad during dinner and told her to not worry about Chaeyoung. He made sure the police were taking good care of her, and he would take care of the rest when he got back.

Relieved, she took a warm bath and washed her sorrows away. Then, she did some prenatal education with the little thing inside her until it settled down. After that, she went to the study room and looked around for something to read.

When he was not around, reading books to help her fall asleep had become a habit of hers. Soon, she returned to being a late sleeper again.

She had no idea when he would return. Despite having asked him twice, she was not able to get a definite answer, thus she stopped asking about it after that.

A car parked outside the entrance of Maple Residence. The rain was getting heavier, so the bodyguard came over and opened the door for Jungkook while holding an umbrella. He alighted from the car with the briefcase as the bodyguard quickly put the big black umbrella over him. He quietly looked at this villa that was shrouded in mist.

His eyes softened when he noticed that the lights in the study room on the second floor were still on, but then he frowned soon after that. He grabbed a keycard from his pocket and walked towards the door.