3:06

"Mmm, okay then. He and Yuqi finally made it to this stage. It's not a bad thing to give them more time." When she said this, she suddenly remembered about Xinlan, so she could not help but say, "If only Sis Lan would reveal something. Yesterday, Mother asked me too, but I didn't know how to answer her."

"Don't worry about this. It's fine if she won't tell us anything since I have my own plans. Okay, quickly finish your porridge. I'm bringing you out later."

"Where are we going? Right, you haven't told me about what this Dari thing is all about?"

"What about it?"

"You..."

+

Inside a certain room in Central Hospital.

Luna followed Hani to rush over. While Dari's wounds had been treated, she was on the bed and moaning in agony. She looked pale and frail. Her twisted expression showed she was enduring lots of pain and was practically in a daze when she saw Hani and Luna by her bed. She did not say anything and just silently closed her eyes.

Hani exchanged a look with Luna before she went up and said, "Dari, what happened? How did you end up like this?"

Dari did not answer. She could barely manage the pain on her legs, and now she...

"Dari, Secretary Wang has told us about the overall situation. Don't be too down. Now that things are like this, just recover at ease. Once you've recovered, we can talk again."

Hani did not know how to console her. Earlier, she was still furious, but now, seeing how Dari was, she pitied her. Regardless, she still should not have looked for trouble with the underground debtors since she should know how vicious those people can be.

She even went to a loan shark, clearly wanting to die. Those people should never be provoked at all cost. Was Dari really not afraid of anything?

Hani now studied Dari with a complicated expression. She did not know whether to reprimand or pity her. Recently, she had been in the limelight repeatedly, even affecting the Kim Corporation.

Without saying a word, Dari kept her eyes closed. There was nothing that could make her more disillusioned now.

She could read how Dari felt, so Hani sighed. "Recover well. The police will catch those people, so don't feel discouraged. I'll go find Han Yifeng to see how things are."

Then, Hani left the ward, but before she did, she cautioned Luna, "Be careful of your health. Falling ill won't do you good."

With Hani's departure, the ward became quiet very quickly. Only the mother and daughter duo were left.

"Mother..."

She looked at Dari on the sickbed for a long time before calling out softly as she actually felt bad. She did not think that last night's call was real. She thought...

"Get out," Dari finally uttered those two words cruelly, her voice filled with alienation.

"Mother, I didn't know that yesterday, you... but no matter what, you shouldn't have provoked those people. You don't know that Grandfather was so angry today. You were once the Yoo family heiress, the elegant Mayor's wife. How could you fall to this state today? Do you think that just because you're like this, Father would care? Mother, let's stop dreaming! Father's abandoned us! We may perhaps always be a burden to him. His entire heart is devoted to Chitthip and Lisa. Why can't you just understand that?"

Luna looked heartbroken and disappointedly at the pale Dari.

"I told you to get out!" Dari's voice became colder, and her shut eyes never opened.