2:71

When she asked, the painter informed her that Sis Lan was in the house, so Lisa and Mina went in.

It was not a big house as it was just a two-story building.

Mina rang the doorbell as they arrived at the door. A middle-aged lady opened the door, appearing to be a servant or caretaker. She shot them a doubtful glance before asking them in heavy rural slang, “Hello, you two fellas are...?”

As Mina was about to reply, Lisa went up and introduced herself. “Hello. We’re looking for Sis Lan. Sis Lee must have informed her about it beforehand.”

The lady allowed them in after Lisa’s explanation.

“Sis Lan is waiting in the study room. Please follow me.”

At the door into the study room, Mina stayed outside while Lisa went in alone.

Lisa was finally meeting the legendary Sis Lan.

She wore a light-colored dress with her hair twisted into a bun. With her skinny frame and sharp chin, she was a beauty in her own league. However, her face seemed to take on the paleness an ill person would have.

She was watering her plants when Lisa entered the room. When she heard footsteps, she looked up with sharp eyes. Even though she tried to hide her expression, Lisa captured it all.

She glanced over at her cautiously. Lisa just kept quiet and just let her study her.

“It’s my honor to meet you, Sis Lan. I’m Lisa.” She greeted humbly.

Sis Lan continued watering the plants as she replied in a cold and distant tone, “Lee told me about you. What’s the matter? I’ve retired as a manager. If you’re involving me in something like that, I’m afraid I can’t help much.”

She was straightforward at declining and had a decisive attitude. It was no wonder she could be one of the top managers in the industry.

Lisa nodded. “Sorry to bother you, but I’m not here for business today. I’m here to ask you about something personal.”

Sis Lan suddenly raised her head, shooting Lisa a hard stare. “A personal matter? I don’t think I’ve known you before this. What personal matters are there to talk about?”

Lisa took a deep breath before taking out a yellow photo and presenting it before Sis Lan.

“You don’t seem much different than you were 20 years ago. I heard that the woman in the photo is your best friend. I’m here to see you today because she’s my aunt,” Lisa clarified her intention of visiting clearly.

Sis Lan glanced at her before taking a look at the photo in her hand. When she saw the people in the photo, a faint light flashed in her eyes quickly. She was stunned for a brief moment.

Lisa waited until Sis Lan gradually recovered from her shock.

After some time, she put the watering can down and took the photo with a lowered head. She then turned the photo around and read the few lines of words, “At times you look at me, at times you look at the clouds, I feel that it’s far away when you look at me, and it’s nearer when you look at the clouds...”

Her eyes darkened when she read it out loud.

“Where did you get this photo?” She raised her head and looked at Lisa before pointing towards the sofa nearby. “Have a seat.”

Lisa saw the complication in her eyes. She gave her a nod before sitting down.

“I found it in a book when I was cleaning up my room,” Lisa replied honestly.