2:18

When this was raised, Mingyu’s expression darkened.

Lisa lowered her gaze and looked coldly at the teacup in front of her. Her tone was quite calm as she pointed out, “The other day, when Yeri and I sent you to the hospital, you kept calling out for ‘Mimi’. That should be Gu Yumi, shouldn’t it?”

When Yumi’s name was mentioned, Mingyu’s eyes instantly turned silent. The light in his eyes turned stagnant as his grip on the handkerchief abruptly tightened.

“She must be the person that you’ve always been missing, isn’t she?”

She took in all of his reactions. Then, Lisa hesitated for a moment before she continued to ask.

Previously, she had heard the name Gu Yumi from Jungkook too. However, she vaguely felt that the situation was not as simple as he made it out to be. The Jeon family seemed to treat this as a taboo and never mentioned it.

Even that one time when she accidentally probed Yuqi, she seemed to be very unwilling to recall these things, so she could only just let it be.

Well, it was no wonder. She was sure that those memories were a scar that could not be touched in Yuqi’s heart forever. Not even Jungkook could approach them.

After that, she did not continue asking about it. She could only put all her hope onto Detective Zhang, praying that he would be able to find out more.

Yet, Detective Zhang did not have any news.

Now that Mingyu had brought it up, she wanted to probe further. From the way Lucas and the rest brought up the incident in Busan, perhaps there would be some clues.

When Lisa finished, did not seem to respond for a long while.

The two of them suddenly fell silent, and there was a faint repressive atmosphere that filled the air.

When he did not answer, Lisa obviously did not continue questioning. She just quietly lowered her head to sip her tea, then she felt her phone buzz in her pocket, so she took it out.

It was a certain someone’s text message reply.

The last message she sent was: Kook I’m bringing food back for you. Someone treated me to lunch, so I’ll get you a set.

He asked: Whose treat?

She responded: Mingyu

Now, his new reply was: Choose the most expensive dishes.

When she read this, she really wanted to giggle as she pursed her lips. After a while, she calmed down. At this moment, the waiter had already brought the dishes.

Mingyu finally snapped back to his senses as well.

When the waiter was done serving them and had retreated, Mingyu softly asked, “Did Jungkook tell you about Mimi?” His tone could not conceal his disappointment.

Lisa looked up slightly and saw the dim light that flowed in his eyes. She lowered her gaze momentarily and then picked her drink up. “He mentioned her. I know that she and your brother were very close, but I think that for her to make someone like you miss her, this Yumi must be pretty amazing.” She then continued sipping on her drink.

When he heard this, a smile surfaced on Mingyu’s handsome face immediately. He looked down at the swaying liquid in his glass, then looked up at her after a while.

“She is quite excellent. She’s about your age and is quite competitive. Sometimes, I do see hints of her in you. However, I know that she doesn’t share your frame of mind.”