3:01

“I’d be too embarrassed to even live anymore if I were you. You’re just a living tragedy now. The Yoo family gave up on you, the Kim family can’t take you in, and your daughter despises you. You’ve been cornered by your debts and your reputation is at its worst. Aw, aren’t you in a pitiful state right now?”

“Shut up! Do you want me to die? Why won’t that witch die first? Chitthip is the real witch! Shameless slut! I fell in love with Marco first. How dare she compete with me? If it weren’t for her, Marco and I would be the best couple! Do you know how much I’ve sacrificed for him? What has she done for him? Everyone just assumed Marco should be with her. Ha, what a joke! As long as I’m alive, that’d be impossible! I’d never let them be together even if I died! There’s no way I’ll sacrifice myself just to let them get back together!”

Dari was screaming by now. Her eyes were filled with hatred the moment Chitthip was mentioned, especially when she looked at Lisa who looked just like Chitthip. She was eager to smash her face into pieces right there and then!

A guaranteed return of investment? How could such a good deal possibly exist?

Lisa scoffed at her. “You made a plan to steal something that doesn’t belong to you, yet now you’re accusing the original owner of stealing. I’m afraid only you and your daughter could manage to pull something like this off. You won’t even spare a bed-ridden old lady. You guys are just the best. You two just widen my horizon so much.”

“Are you faking kindness now? You probably wanted that old fox to die as soon as possible, didn’t you? She’s a living burden. Wouldn’t she be better off dead? Don’t think that old thing is as easy to fool as your grandfather. Did you think she’d pass the inheritance to you? Dream on! Those belong to Luna! Don’t even think about them!” Dari’s voice was sharp.

“Inheritance?” Lisa mumbled, she then chuckled. “Seems like Chan was right. You’re here for that!”

“Unfortunately, Deng Wenwen isn’t going to comply. Don’t forget who put her into this state. She’s not an idiot. Do you think she would just let you do what you want?” Lisa gave her a cold glance and laughed. “To be honest, I’m impressed that you could get Deng Wenwen so worked up. Who would’ve expected the two of you to become like this?”

“Shut up! You shut your mouth!” Dari’s expression darkened just like moments before a storm. She glared at Lisa coldly. “Don’t you try to fool me! You haven’t told me where Marco and that witch is! Do you think I can’t find them just because you hid them?”

“Why should I tell you? Find them yourself. Instead of lashing out on me, you might want to think of a way to ask your daughter to help out with your debts. The debt collectors might break a hand or two. By then, you’ll probably be worse off than Deng Wenwen, won’t you?”

Lisa suppressed the anger inside her as she spoke bitterly. She stood up and was about to leave, not wanting to spend another second with her anymore.

It had been some time since Jungkook had gone to talk to the doctor. She was worried since he had not come back yet, so she wanted to go look for him as she was not having a peaceful time there.

However, Dari jumped toward her the moment she stood up. She tried to pin Lisa’s shoulder against the wall, making her stagger slightly. As she held onto the wall with one hand, she held her baby bump cautiously while her eyes turned cold.

“Speak! Where’s Marco and that old witch? Don’t even think of leaving without telling me!” Dari grabbed Lisa’s shoulder. Lisa could feel her sharp nails stabbing into her flesh as Dari was shaking her violently.

She could not react to Dari’s quick movements and started getting dizzy after a while. Her senses barely came back to her moments later. She struggled and grabbed Dari’s wrist and pinched her hard. Dari screamed before clutching Lisa’s long hair and pulling it ferociously!