2:29

They were so in love. How did they suddenly become even more distant than a pair of strangers?

“You’re really pitiful. You tried so hard to get Hanbin, and now without Lisa doing much, Hanbin...”

“Enough! You don’t have to say that. It’s none of your business! What betting chip are you talking about?” Luna took a deep breath, obviously unwilling to continue this topic that made her feel pain and anger.

The man laughed bitterly before he said in a quiet tone, “It’s the baby inside your womb.”

Her child!

Luna unconsciously covered her stomach on alert. “What are you saying? What baby?”

“If I’m you and want to save Yueying, I wouldn’t look for Hanbin at all. You know that Hanbin intended to divorce you long ago. Asking help from him now would just let him get what he wants, isn’t it?”

“What can I do then?” Luna bit her lips as her eyes turned icy. She looked at the man for an answer.

The man grinned as his voice was cold and clear. “You can go to Elder Kim. The Kim family doesn’t have many offsprings. Although recent incidents did make their reputation suffer, it’s nothing more important than the baby in you. Do you understand what to do now?” He did not say anything else.

Elder Kim?

Grandfather?

Luna pressed her stomach as a faint light flashed past her eyes and she gave it some thought. She remembered him mentioning something about sacrifice, then she understood what he meant.

Her face went pale. Could he want her to...

The man saw through Luna’s struggle and grinned wider. “Miss Luna, I’ve said before that I believe that you’re a smart woman. This is actually the best way to keep both your child and Yueying safe. It’s just a marriage certificate. Moreover, Elder Yoo truly favors you. As long as the Kim family is willing to do something, the Yoo family will help as well and Yueying’s crisis will be solved, killing several birds with one stone.

“Okay, I’ve told you the method now. Decide for yourself if you’re willing to make the sacrifice. You can get out of the car now.”

His hoarse voice was cold as he waved his hand at the man with the sunglasses outside who quickly came to open the door.

“Miss Luna, you can get out now.” His voice broke Luna’s train of thought. She came back to her senses and noticed the man with the sunglasses already opening the door for her. With a slight nod, she left the car with an unwell expression.

As she left the car quietly, her eyes were still staring at the man in the car.

“Give it some thought, but don’t let it be too long. Yueying can’t hold on for more than a few days!” the man said as his chauffeur went into the car and wound up the windows. Then, the car rumbled away.

Luna stared blankly at the car driving into the dark, lost in her own thoughts.

“Get in the car, Miss Luna. I have to send you back. Mr. Wen is really busy. You should be honored that he came to see you today!” The man with the sunglasses walked towards the car.

+

It was near the end of the month and their wedding was getting nearer. The couple was now on holiday mode after they finished passing on their work at that moment.

The two of them woke up early that day. Boram and Gyungmi went over early in the morning to work on the wedding invitation, and they planned to announce their betrothal at the Manoban Residence on that day.