2:76

However, in the midst of her happiness, she seemed to have forgotten that Doctor Hong, who had done the check-up for her, was an appointment arranged by Jungkook. When she was done and had gotten the results, they had already messaged Jungkook to inform him, so he even knew this wonderful news before she did.

Mina, who went to pick the medicine up had not returned yet, so she waited quietly. Lisa did not know how long she had sat there blankly as she looked down and read the lab test results over and over again. Her exquisitely beautiful face blossomed with a smile that was ever more radiant. In her trance, there was a whiff of a cold yet familiar fragrance. She seemed to have realized something, so she quickly glanced up and realized that the man was standing before her. His unpredictable eyes were watching her with a gentle light.

Looking at him, the light in her eyes became even more dazzling. She was about to get up to him, yet in the next instant, she immediately put on a straight face and quickly hid the lab test results behind her and turned away, not looking at him.

He narrowed his eyes and his handsome face flashed with a demonic smile as he gently enticed her. “Missus, show me that thing in your hand.”

Sulking, Lisa hid it very well. She glared at him as she stood up, and was about to leave when he immediately came up to her and put her into his embrace in the next instant. Her hand that held the lab results were locked behind her against the wall too. Because his tall figure held her down, she could not move at all.

Ignoring her dark eyes that contained unhappiness, he immediately pried her slender fingers away and took the wrinkled lab report. Squinting at the text, his noble, handsome face instantly brimmed with tenderness as he chuckled. “Missus, all your efforts weren’t wasted after all. Doll, we have a child!”

The smile that curled up on his face was as radiant as the rainbow. He could not hold back his happiness, but he could not care less about expressing his thrill while his slender hand subconsciously caressed Lisa’s belly. She then pushed him away and blushed. “What are you doing?! This is a hospital. There are cameras!”

When she said that, Jungkook then realized that he had forgotten himself. He quickly fixed her clothes and her messy hair as he said apologetically, “I was too impatient...”

Initially, he was a little annoyed, but seeing her at this moment, all of his sourness was wiped out. This was extremely wonderful news!

“You didn’t explain to me what your fiancèe was all about.” Lisa put on a straight face. Clearly, she had not forgotten the unhappiness earlier!

Of course, she felt that it was best to ask him directly to avoid getting all depressed and guessing things herself. They said they were going to trust one another fully anyway, so she should be able to ask him anything.

The moment Lisa finished, Jungkook shot her a side look and said, “Who cares about her? I don’t even remember how the hell she looks like. I’ve got nothing to do with her. It’s only when the Gu family came looking for me that I found out about the engagement. Even though the Jeons and the Gus were family friends back then, I’ve always stayed at school even during vacations, so we barely met. Don’t put the two of us together.”

When he blurted all this out, the man even seemed quite cold.

“If you’ve got nothing to do with each other, then why did you propose for marriage?” Lisa rolled her eyes at him. Out of sight, out of mind, she turned away to ignore him.

“It’s not what you think it is. If you must have an explanation, then I’ll give you one. It was just a trick of mine. As horrible as I am, I wouldn’t be this desperate. Initially, when I found out about her and Minjun, I proposed rejecting the arranged marriage and was willing to let them be together, but it was them who didn’t want it.”