2:36

The night breeze was as gentle as water that flowed uninterrupted. The night’s stars were bright and splendid as the car drove through the little town underneath the blanket of stars and past the gentle, dim yellow streetlights before it slowly drove into the manor.

The car had just stopped when Lucas, who had waited for quite a while, came to greet them and opened the car door.

“Master, Missus...”

Before Lucas could finish greeting them, in the driver’s seat, Jungkook already reached out to stop him as he slowly got down from the car.

“Master, the two of you are finally back. Grandfather and Grandmother have been anxious.”

Lucas carefully looked at the front passenger seat. Indeed, he saw Lisa sleeping soundly against her seat, covered with Jungkook’s jacket.

Jungkook nodded. “The scenery was great over there, so we stayed a day or two longer. Is everyone here?”

Lucas went up to take the things from the car, softly answering, “Mmm, Master Bhuwakul and Master Cha are here too. Now, we’re only waiting for Mayor and Teacher who aren’t here yet.”

When he finished, Jungkook’s handsome face sank and his brows furrowed. He turned to look at Lucas. “Did you try contacting them?”

“I did, but both their phones are switched off. When Elder CEO Manoban came over, he said that because of Teacher’s eyes, she was worried that the atmosphere of the wedding would be affected, so she didn’t come over. After that, I called them, but I couldn’t get through,” said Lucas with a frown.

Jungkook walked slowly to the front passenger seat. “Did you call the residence?”

“I did, but no one picked up.”

Upon hearing this, Jungkook’s handsome brows knotted even more. He fell silent for a moment, then returned to his usual calmness. “I got it. Don’t tell your sis-in-law first. Okay, go and rest earlier. Just let them know we’re back.”

Then, he opened the car door and gently carried Lisa in. The sudden movement awoken Lisa and his voice softly whispered by her ear, “Sleep when we get to the room.”

Then, he took huge strides towards the residence.

When he reached the room, he settled her on the bed and then did a simple wipe down of her face and hands before tucking her in with a blanket as she continued sleeping. He took a shower before slipping into bed to rest.

He looked forward to the arrival of the next day, but...

Sleepiness engulfed him. Just when he was about to hug her and fall asleep, there was a knock from the outside. He got up in his sleeping gown to open the door and saw Boram and Gyungmi standing outside.

“Grandmother, Mother, why aren’t you asleep yet?” Jungkook asked when Boram reached out to pull him outside. He staggered a little and almost fell, just managing to steady himself by holding the wall on the side. He looked puzzledly at Boram.

“What are you doing?” he frowned and asked.

“Sleep with Bambam and the rest tonight. You’re going to be a groom tomorrow, so rest earlier tonight,” Boram instructed.

“They’re already asleep. Plus, without me around, Lisa will wake up in the middle of the night.”

“Gguk-ah, be good. Just endure one night. This is tradition anyway. You hope to have a good wedding, don’t you? Go. Bambam and the rest aren’t asleep yet. They’re still playing cards with Lucas, but tonight you’ll have to rest earlier since you have to wake up early tomorrow.” Gyungmi’s voice came with a gentleness that was unlike her usual self.