3:07

That Chitthip was blind, yet she had won all of Marco!

Pffft!

The fire of fury consumed her heart, and Dari felt that the pain in her chest suddenly became piercing. A bloody taste rose from her throat, and she could not help but cough profusely. In her state, she had to push the coppery taste that filled her mouth down.

When Luna walked out of the ward, Hani was waiting at the corridor not too far away. She was talking to a doctor in a white coat.

Luna dragged her weak body and walked over.

Without caring about anything else, Luna asked, "Doctor, how's my mother?"

The doctor turned to look at Luna and sighed. "It doesn't look great. Both her hamstrings were severed. Usually, she might be able to recover through surgery, but her situation is a little unique. The people who did it clearly did not want to let her walk again, so... In fact, there are many traces of her getting beaten up all over her body. Who would be this cruel? We'll further review her treatment according to her condition. If there are any good plans, we'll inform you then. We must keep the patient in a good mental state and urge her to cooperate with recovery. For now, we're preventing her from muscular dystrophy. Otherwise, we won't be able to help her recover even if we find a way when the time comes."

When Luna heard the explanation, her expression sank. After a while, she nodded graciously. "Okay, thank you, doctor."

When she saw the doctor's figure vanish at the end of the corridor, Hani turned and lamented as she looked at Luna, "Your mother really underestimated those guys this time. Even we wouldn't provoke them. Earlier, a few press office editors suffered a lesson from them too. One got their arm broken, and it appeared in the news. I heard that it was because they offended them. I remember that your mother was very against loan shark dealings previously as well. Now, how did she...?"

Hani could not hide the worry and disappointment she felt. Ever since they were associated with this mother and daughter pair, there was nothing that could spare them from worry. These troublesome matters came one after another, and now she really regretted having ties with them. Back then, if she had also agreed with the old man's decision and forced Hanbin to get engaged with Lisa, would everything not have been much simpler and more peaceful now?

In fact, it seemed like recently Hanbin was treating Lisa rather...

Hani could not help but worry. Ever since Luna gave birth to the child, she had never seen Hanbin. He had only banked in a sum of money into her account and told her to find someone to take care of them.

Hani knew that Luna had hurt him.

"Mother, I'm sorry. My mother was terribly impacted by my father and Chitthip. Otherwise, she wouldn't have ended up like this."

Luna sighed, appearing defeated as she said this. Her eyes were filled with disappointment and heartache towards Dari. Hani felt bad seeing this, so she only reached out to pat her on the shoulder. "Sigh, I know your mother too. All these years, she's been loyal to your father, but no matter what, she shouldn't have done all those things that ruined reputations. With these things today, these extreme feelings would only hound her to death. She won't be able to get her happiness either. Men are like that. If their hearts aren't with you, no matter what you do, they'll just turn a blind eye."

Luna subconsciously trembled all over as she looked at Hani in shock. She could faintly understand what Hani was implying.

"Forget about trying to move a man who had always had another woman in his heart. Your mother is too silly. Look, now she's only tired out herself. Back then, your father and Chitthip's relationship was there for everyone to see. To be fair, from an outsider's point of view, your mother was the third wheel that stepped between them. If your mother didn't choose your father back then, perhaps she would be a very happy person right now... Oh, it's too bad!"