2:12

Her slightly hoarse voice was softly heard while her hazy eyes were still fixed on the photograph on the tombstone.

"When I was three years old, the very first numbers that I learned were also taught by Grandfather. When I went to kindergarten and learned how to write, I'd always sit with bad posture. To correct me, Grandfather would watch me do my homework almost every night. Even Mother says that Grandfather was more like a strict teacher..."

When Lisa brought these up, Marco suddenly sighed, "Your grandfather... has always treated you as the family's little princess."

"I always knew that... Now that Grandfather's left just like that, my heart feels empty, but now that I think about it, perhaps it's for the best. At least, for Grandfather, it's a form of release. Now that he's left, everything's become simpler. We no longer have to worry about those concerning matters."

As she said this, Lisa looked up at the sky that continued to drizzle. "Grandfather has told us all about the past... All these years, because he felt sorry towards Mother and I, you didn't dare to come looking for us, and you were even more afraid of seeing Mother, weren't you?"

When Lisa said this, she suddenly turned to look at Marco whose expression looked bleak and sad. He did not hide it and nodded. "Yes."

When she heard this, Lisa suddenly laughed bitterly. She hesitated for a moment before continuing, "If the curtains can be closed for all of these grudges with Grandfather's passing, what are your plans after this?"

Marco's resignation had been concluded. Jungkook also told her that Marco had already divorced Dari. In fact, Chitthip still could not see. All of these were somewhat a closing of a chapter, yet what they were about to face was another terrible situation.

Marco did not know how he should answer this because his mind was empty at the moment.

All these problems had come one after another recently, overwhelming him immensely.

Unfortunately, Chitthip had lost her sight and he had firmly resigned. Then, there was Dari's cheating, the divorce, and now Oscar's sudden passing. With all of these stacked together, he felt quite worn out from holding on.

Seeing that he did not answer and that the weariness was clear between his brows, she suddenly felt a bitterness rise in her heart. She thought about it, then reached into her pocket and took out a bunch of keys before handing it to Marco.

"These are my keys to my Linjiang apartment. I've just tidied it up, so it's quite clean. If you're unhappy staying in West Park, you can go there and stay for a while."

Marco looked down at the keys Lisa handed him and there was gladness in his still eyes, yet he did not accept it. "There's no need for that. I've already arranged an apartment for myself."

Startled, Lisa hesitated for a moment, then quietly put the keys away.

"Let's not harp on the past anymore. Jungkook has already told me about your divorce from Yoo Dari. Grandfather also said before he passed that he hopes you can get Mother back. Now that she's been discharged and has returned to Manoban residence..."

As Lisa spoke, Marco's expression darkened.

Lisa and Jungkook took all of this in, exchanging a look. Then, seeing Jungkook nod gently, Lisa sighed and took a card out from her pocket before tossing it to Marco.

Marco subconsciously caught it and looked down at the key card in his hand before peering up puzzledly at Lisa

"This is the Manoban residence key card. Grandpa usually reaches home in the evening past 6 p.m. If I don't go back, he usually won't go back at noon either. This month, because of Fuhua's new project discussion with Glory World on the South River project, Jungkook and I will be going over to Fuhua quite frequently. Grandpa has left Mother in the hands of Aunty Wu. I've told Aunty Wu to let you in, so I'll leave Mother's lunch to you in this period of time," Lisa spoke with a calm expression.