2:19

“He probably hopes that you can protect West Park. It’s also the only thing he can give you. You have to know that the house is worth quite a lot. If Yueying were to fall into a financial crisis, it could be put up to use.” Jungkook was straightforward about this matter.

Lisa took a deep breath and sighed, “It will just be an empty house even if I kept it safe. Father has no son. He only has me and Luna. The house will be empty once we’re married, like Grandpa’s house. Fortunately, Mother accompanied Grandpa along the years so that he wouldn’t be lonely. I can’t ask Father to return to West Park after all this.”

“Let it be then. If he can accommodate Mother well, he can just stay at the residence. I know Father is pretty good at chess and likes fishing. He shares the same interest with Grandpa.”

“Don’t you remember that Grandpa almost killed Father the last time? I know how he is. Father will need to put a lot more effort in to be forgiven.” Lisa felt a headache coming on.

“Father isn’t as weak as you think. He must be well-equipped to climb this high in the political scene. You need to understand him better.”

“Well, Father did go to the residence yesterday. Mother said that he’s shameless and she couldn’t chase him out no matter what.” Lisa seemed helpless.

“That’s a good thing. A man can’t get his woman without being a little shameless. You can expect a positive outcome from them.”

“What is that!? They are almost 50 years old! I didn’t see you being shameless to court me anyway. How did I marry you again?”

Wait, why did these words sound so familiar?

In the next few days, the couple was busy at work. They left the house early and returned late. Lisa replaced Chan as Jungkook’s personal assistant for the whole week, so they were always together.

In contrast to their harmonious lives, the show business scene in Seoul was not as peaceful.

+

First off, when JL Movies and Television was announced, many higher management staff from Yueying Culture Media Company moved over. All the major stakeholders shifted over to JL Movies and Television as well as some of the popular artistes under Glory World.

Many artistes under Jisoo’s lead announced their joining JL Movies and Television and most of Yueying’s resources were brought over as well. Consequently, Yueying now faced a crisis. Their funds were siphoned empty and the ongoing big projects were halted. Needless to say, the downfall of Yueying shocked the whole industry!

Lisa had not paid much attention to the news lately, and she hardly followed the entertainment news. Because she fully immersed herself in her job, she only found out what happened to Yueying a week after it happened.

Jungkook had been right beside her for the past few days, but he covered the news up from her. He did not want her to be affected by these negative news which was why he constantly kept her by his side.

In the evening, inside Jungkook’s office at Glory World Corporation.

Jungkook was standing beside the tall bookshelf as he was reading a book. The evening breeze blew past the half-opened window and lifted the curtains slightly.

Chan stood before the office table and called out to him politely, “Master.”

His voice was soft as he was worried that he might be bothering Jungkook. However, his timid voice was heard rather clearly in the quiet office.