2:55

Yuqi closed her eyes, inhaling deeply and only opening them after a while. She nodded and downed another glass. Lifting a hand to wipe the moisture at the corner of her mouth away, she said indifferently, “That’s right. I want to find out who this irresponsible and shameless man is! Why did he do this to us? He must’ve known about Yugyeom and my existence, yet he just abandoned us without a care. Mother lost control and ended her life, leaving us behind all lonely. Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, and Mother were extremely worried because of this. So that we wouldn’t be any different from other children, they even let us adopt the surname Jeon, and become Father and Mother’s children.”

As Yuqi said this, her hands could not help but clench into balls of fists.

Lisa could only nod gently, indicating that she understood her anguish.

She calmly lifted her drink and said to Yuqi, “Okay, don’t be sad now. We’ll do our best to find him for you, but I still hope that you can appreciate what you have now before you think about anything else. This peace doesn’t come easy, thus we should cherish it.”

Yuqi’s gaze met her twinkling eyes that contained warmth, and she sniffled before nodding. She put the gift box away and lifted her drink as she smiled. “Sis-in-law, thank you, I feel like every time I talk to you, I feel much more relieved. You’re a very good listener. Love makes one blind, undaunted by dangers... Who can explain these complicated feelings?”

“Maybe because those who are trapped aren’t just them.” Lisa smiled ambiguously and offered a toast to her before elegantly taking a sip.

“Mmm, I’m afraid that I’m trapped myself. Otherwise...”

“Have you gotten to know Aunty’s past? See if you can find any clues?” Lisa picked up a slice of beef that was grilled perfectly before putting it onto Yuqi’s plate

Yuqi nodded in consideration, shooting her a grateful look and accepting the meat.

Yuqi finished chewing her food, and then took a napkin to wipe her mouth before softly answering, “Of course, I’ve checked. Previously, Caitlin’s manager’s teacher worked for my mother, so she must be quite familiar with her. However, I’ve asked Jisoo before, and they know nothing about those incidents. Furthermore, they’ve already long retired, so I couldn’t find her.”

When she said this, Yuqi could not help but feel defeated as she lowered her gaze sadly.

“Jisoo?”

Lisa’s eyes flashed with a memory of Jisoo’s figure. She hesitated for a moment, then she asked, “Did you tell her who you were?”

Yuqi shook her head. “Everything about Mother is a taboo. All these years, because Grandfather and Grandmother concealed it well, all these were never exposed. If they’d known that Mother was pregnant out of wedlock and gave birth to us, before she ended her life because of depression, the entire Seoul would probably go crazy!”

She smiled bitterly.

How was she supposed to face all of this with an identity that could not be exposed? Even if it were not for that, she would still have to be considerate about Jiseul’s reputation.

All the rumors said that Jiseul could not take the pressure and fell into depression before she passed away from an illness, yet not many knew the real reason behind her tragic death.

Lisa nodded and fell silent for a while. “Alright, let’s not talk about this. We’ll definitely find him. Have something to eat now.”

“Okay, this is grilled quite well. Sis-in-law, you should try it too. What do you think of the texture? It’s quite nice, isn’t it? Later on, take some home for Brother too.”