2:84

The doctor examined her for a bit, then sighed solemnly. “She doesn’t have much time left. You have to be ready.”

“What happened? What do you mean not much time left?”

The moment the doctor said that, Sis Lee was stunned. She could not help but shudder and gape at the doctor in a daze.

Lisa frowned slightly as well while she frowned at the doctor.

“Her heart is deteriorating. Even though she has been receiving the treatment on time, this sudden complication has worsened her condition. You seem like you don’t know she’s been having this illness, do you?”

“What... What do you mean?”

Sis Lee widened her eyes as she looked in disbelief at the doctor. “Are you saying...?”

“It’s the heart failure that you people always talk about. She’s actually been treating it abroad for quite a few years now. It’s only recently that she’s been transferred back. She’s been waiting for a suitable heart, so she couldn’t do the transplant surgery yet. Her condition is not ideal. If this continues, she won’t be able to make it past one or two months, so you have to be mentally prepared.”

The doctor’s words were like a thunderbolt that exploded in Lisa’s heart, rendering her dumbstruck.

No wonder! No wonder she looked so pale and quite dispirited. It turned out...

Lisa suddenly remembered that she had said that was her last time visiting Seulji or something. Perhaps she knew that she would not be living for much longer!

“No way! This is impossible... She’s always been quite healthy and wasn’t sick with anything. How did she get heart failure? This is impossible! Doctor, did you get it wrong?”

Sis Lee was stunned to the point that she was disoriented.

Lisa’s hands that fell by her side subconsciously tightened as her expression became complicated. She asked the doctor with a frown, “Is there no other way? It’s just been one or two months... How could this be?”

“I think she knows that she’s not been doing too well either. She’s probably returned to enjoy her so-called last years.”

The doctor sighed. “Her condition is severe. It hasn’t been easy to make it all these years. Since you’re her friends, be with her more. See if she has any unfulfilled wishes. Her ward is right in front. Come with me.”

As the doctor spoke, they walked ahead.

Sis Lee’s expression was very solemn. She exchanged a worried look with Lisa, and when she saw her consoling gaze, she followed the doctor.

They walked quite a distance with the doctor before reaching a ward. They were just about to enter when they saw a nurse walk out holding a tray in her hands.

“Dr. Lim...” the doctor called out.

“How is it? How’s the patient’s condition?”

“We’ve just given her acupuncture treatment. The patient’s not awake yet.”

The doctor nodded. “You can go first.”

Then, the nurse slowly retreated. Sis Lee impatiently barged in to see a weak Sis Lan on the sickbed. The beeping of the machine was the only sound breaking the silence in the ward.

When Sis Lee walked to the bedside, her eyes had already welled up in tears. “When will she be awake?”

Lisa stared at Sis Lan who looked lifeless on the sickbed before she turned to look at the doctor who advised, “Her condition isn’t stable. She should be awake soon according to her condition. However, these next two days is still a critical period, so don’t stay too long and don’t disrupt her rest.”