2:47

Upon hearing this, he smiled. “It’s just a small wound and it doesn’t hurt much. If you commend me a little or offer some proper consolation, I’ll immediately be fine tomorrow.” His extraordinarily handsome face flashed with a demonic smile.

She raised her brows. “How do you want me to commend you then? I don’t know how to do praises, but I do know this—”

Then, she tiptoed and gently planted a kiss on his cheek.

“That’s all?” He narrowed his eyes that were filled with a discontented coldness.

“Hmm?” She smiled faintly.

“Is this too easy?”

“Well... Aah!”

Before she could answer him, he had already turned off the stove with a hand and bent down to carry her up as he walked out.

“What are you doing?”

“What do you think?”

“Don’t! The b-book says that it’s not good for health if w-we do it too often...” she stammered.

“It? Which ‘it’?” He looked down at her in amusement as he smiled.

“That ‘it’! Why are you acting all innocent? Ugh, annoying!” She rolled her eyes angrily at him.

He smirked. “Can’t you think of something else in that head of yours? Do I look like the kind of person who wants unlimited sex? In fact, we haven’t done it for two days now, have we?”

“Well, you...”

“Missus, your husband just wants to let you take a shower and rest earlier. You think too much...”

Annoying!

Half an hour later, on the soft and comfortable sofa, Jungkook had already changed out of his tuxedo and slipped into a dark blue sleeping robe as he leisurely brewed some tea while Lisa kept shooting him glances from the corner of her eye from time to time as if she wanted to say something, yet she kept holding back.

“Why don’t you ask me what happened earlier?” She thought he would ask him what had happened. However, unexpectedly, he had not asked a single thing ever since the incident. Instead, he had just ordered Chan to investigate further into it.

“Why? Do you know who did it?” he asked as he looked at her very calmly.

She shook her head.

“Well, then that’s fine. If you recall it, you might scare yourself. Earlier, you broke out in cold sweat all over.”

He had a keen eye and he knew that she was afraid too, so he decided to not to mention it instead.

“I was quite scared. I wonder who it was. From what I recall, I haven’t offended anyone apart from Luna who hates me to the bone... but, Luna wasn’t invited, was she?”

“Your thought process is simple enough, Missus. Who told you that the person wouldn’t have gotten someone else to do these malicious things?” Jungkook objected.

“Do you really think it’s her?” Lisa frowned.

“We don’t have any way of guessing who it is right now. Things might not be quite as peaceful in the coming days, so just follow me. Lucas will handle Mother’s matters over there and rush back soon. When that happens, I’ll get him to pick a female bodyguard for you.”

Jungkook thought about it for a while, then he added, “To be your special female assistant.”

“A female bodyguard? Is there a need for that?”