2:45

Lisa’s words could calm the underlying storm. Neither did she humiliate Mingyu, nor did she put Jungkook in a tight spot.

Even Jungkook looked a little shocked at her. Who would have thought that in such a situation, she could be quite a smooth talker?

Mingyu smiled to himself. Suddenly, he did not know how to continue. He then chuckled drily, his gaze traveling back and forth between Jungkook and Lisa. Then, his expression instantly returned to normal and he raised his glass.

He downed the glass at one go, and then suddenly walked up to Jungkook, stopping by his side. He whispered something into his ear. Although Lisa could not hear him, she could obviously detect that Jungkook’s calm eyes had instantly darkened and his hand that held hers tightened again.

She could feel slight pain as she frowned and quickly looked up at him. At this second, Mingyu sneered and shot Jungkook a nasty look before setting his glass down on a table and turning around to leave.

Mingyu had just vanished into the crowd when Bambam walked up. His sharp eyes were fixated in the direction that Mingyu had left while he asked with a sharp tone, “Why did he come? He looks like he’s up to no good.”

Jungkook set his glass aside, and casually touched the black cufflink on his sleeve. His handsome face curved with a tiny smile. “He came over to give me a word of advice. It looks like he’s been having it pretty tough recently.”

“Advice?” Bambam frowned as he looked puzzled at Jungkook. “What advice?”

The corner of Jungkook’s lips curled up even more. He did not answer. Instead, his darkened gaze followed Mingyu’s figure as he moved further away until he could not see him any longer. Finally, he said calmly, “It’s nothing.”

“This fellow seems quite stubborn. In fact, he always looks like that, making his mother all worried. Unjeong wants to prop him to be the CEO of Kim Group, yet he looks quite calm and unhurried. I think that he’s quite hard to read. Don’t underestimate him despite his reputation as a sloppy heir,” Bambam voiced out his thoughts.

Jungkook calmly retrieved his gaze. “The Kim family is like still waters that run deep. Every one of them is complicated.”

“Okay, let’s not talk about this for now. After the wedding banquet, we still have some things to discuss. How about this? Eunwoo and I will go over to your place tomorrow night.”

Jungkook nodded. “Mmm.”

“You two go have a seat and rest first. You’ve drunk a lot. I’ll go take a look at Grandfather Jeon and the rest.” Bambam assured before he patted Jungkook on the shoulder, and then walked over to Joonwoo and the rest.

Lisa handed her water to him as she asked softly, “Are you okay?”

He responded with a faint smile, “I’m fine. Have some food. don’t starve yourself.”

“Mmm, you eat some too.”

Then, she pulled him back to their seats and took the bowl in front of them. She gracefully served him a bowl of soup and even grabbed some dishes for him. Of course, she got herself a bowl too.

When he saw her putting the bowl before him, the curve on his lips widened. He picked his spoon up and elegantly began to eat.

She lowered her head to drink too. Then, she looked up to see him focused on his meal, so she propped her head up on one hand and silently watched him. She brushed away the beautiful confetti from his shoulders.

Perhaps every girl was waiting to have such memorable love, whether it arrived or not.

She silently watched him for a long while, and suddenly all the images of her journey flashed in her mind. Whether it was endurance, perseverance, suffering, or sadness, all of those would become a part of the memories forever buried in her heart.