2:78

Boram intended to have her stay at home, and she did not want that. She knew very well how her body was holding up. She did not want to stay immobilized at home for her whole pregnancy, and with Boonlong's health deteriorating, she did not want him to work anymore.

"That can't do. It's a huge matter. Just stay at home and rest." Boram sounded determined. Lisa did not know what to say so she kicked the man beside her. Jungkook turned over to look at her helpless expression, chuckling lightly. He said, "Don't worry, I'll arrange it. Let her do whatever she's happy with."

Jungkook's tone was calm, but it was one you could not reject.

As Boram was about to say something, Jungkook's phone started ringing. It seemed to be a business-related matter, so he let go of Lisa's hand as he stood up and walked upstairs while he spoke on the phone.

-

After rearranging the Maple Residence and lunch, Boram and the others returned to the residence. Before they left, they gave Lisa another round of reminders.

Sis Wang was an experienced nurse before, so it was a piece of cake for her to take care of Lisa. Jungkook even let her stay in the Maple Residence for convenience. They cleaned up a room on the first floor and let her stay there. Besides that, the residence also sent another servant and a chef over.

Jungkook had been getting really busy since Lisa got pregnant. He took up Lisa's role in the South River project. In addition to it being the middle of the year, the data for several projects came up and required his attention, so he had been working late for a few days.

The same applied to Lisa as well, but she had it much easier compared to Jungkook who had assigned her minimal work, mostly just to let her kill time. Lisa's daily schedule went like this: she followed Boonlong around in Fu Hua in the morning to learn about the operations. She would then meet Jungkook for lunch and then rest in his office. In the afternoon, she would help out with Glory World's project.

Of course, she had Mina by her side. After several days, they were not as distant as before, and sometimes they could strike up a conversation.

On the day of the Qixi festival, Lisa thought Jungkook would visit Mu Zi's grave again, but he did not seem like he was going to. Instead, he asked Lucas and Yuqi to bring two bouquets of white lilies over.

After working through the whole morning in the office, Jungkook was a little worried when Lisa was not there yet. He looked outside the window and noticed the sun was slowly setting in the west. He called her phone, but he could not reach her, causing him to frown instantly.

As he was about to give Mina a call, there was a sudden knock on the door and his secretary came in.

Chan had been traveling to and from Seoul to Busan after he took over Lucas' role for Movie City. Jungkook had two other secretaries now, and Secretary Lee Chan was one of them. He was capable and was part of the team Jungkook had brought back from abroad. After half a year of being here, he was thoroughly familiar with Glory World's operations now.

"Chairman Jeon, this is the document submitted by the Administrative Department. Please take a look." Secretary Lee put the document onto the table.

Jungkook nodded, then he asked, "Did you see Director Manoban when you went to the Planning Department just now?"

Secretary Lee paused before replying, "I just wanted to tell you. Director Manoban just called and said she's going to the cemetery. She told you not to wait for her and she'll head back directly to the Maple Residence later."

Jungkook looked down, not saying anything for a while. "What day is it today?"

He remembered the Qixi Festival passed a while ago, and she had mentioned that she would be visiting Oscar's grave in a few days.