3:03

Even though she felt that the way Gyungmi had spoken to her today was a little odd, Lisa sincerely responded, “Mmm, I got it, Mother.”

After that, the mother and daughter-in-law did not speak further. Boram and Sis Wang were almost done with dinner, so Gyungmi got up and went over to help too.

+

Meanwhile, that very evening, in a certain parking lot before the Imperial Sky Entertainment Club.

“I’ve just come, and you already have to go back. How’s nice of you!”

Eunwoo raised his brows and glared at Jungkook through narrowed eyes. “Should I say that you’re being typical, choosing your love over friends?”

Jungkook stretched his long fingers out to hold his slightly dizzy head as he spoke, “Lisa had a little incident at the hospital. I’m worried about leaving her alone at home. Figure out what I told you to do.”

Eunwoo nodded. “Don’t worry. Leave these things to me. Aren’t you two the most assured? Just treat me to drinks next time.”

“When have you ever not left the bill to me at the club?” Jungkook took out a cigarette box and lighter from his pocket and tossed it over to him. Eunwoo swiftly caught it. “You want to make me leave with just one box of cigarettes. I suddenly realized that I am quite cheap to you and Bambam!”

Jungkook’s expression was calm as he looked at Eunwoo and said casually, “Are you worth a box? You’re worth a stick at the most! The remaining ones are just to bribe your network.”

“Gguk, I suddenly realize that you can be quite mean!”

Eunwoo leisurely played around with the lighter. The swaying spark appeared strange amidst the dim streetlights.

Jungkook’s long fingers tapped on the side of his head, then he suddenly turned and walked to his car. “I’m leaving now. Go home earlier once you’re done with drinks. Don’t be like the last time when the elder lectured you again.”

He casually warned his friend before quickly getting into his car.

Eunwoo watched as Jungkook’s car gradually faded away in the dark. He lowered his head and looked at the long shadow on the ground for a while. Then, he sighed and took a cigarette out to light up.

However, before he got to smoke, a hand snatched it away from him.

Eunwoo looked over and saw Bambam puffing away on the stolen cigarette casually. With a grin, he lit another cigarette for himself.

Bambam glanced over at Jungkook’s faraway car as he puffed some smoke out and sighed. “I never expected the high and mighty Jeon Jungkook to become like this. He actually asked you to help him out, so he can’t work it out normally and he’s using a backhanded method! When do you think he became like this?

Eunwoo stared at him. “What now? Is it only you that I can help out? Well, I do think it’s good that he’s become like this. Otherwise, how are we supposed to keep being friends? The charm of a woman!”

Bambam shrugged. “I’m starting to be envious of him. At least he knows someone is waiting for him at home, unlike us, lonely and empty.”

“Weren’t you talking about how nice it is to be free and single, and that marriage is the graveyard of love?” Eunwoo teased him as he took his phone out.

“But there’s also another saying that goes, ‘without the graveyard of love, wouldn’t we be dead without a place for us?’”

“That does make sense! You should probably get married soon and give birth to a son. Jungkook said Lisa is going to give birth to a daughter. Then, your son can marry his daughter. Don’t you think that’s a good deal?”