Chapter 24

Death should be the most terrifying thing for most people.

  But not for Lin Shuanghua.

  What was more terrifying than being burned to death now was that he was safe and sound in the fire.

  He was unscathed except for a few puffs of smoke that shot up from the elevator shaft.

  It can be seen with the naked eye that he is wrapped in a protective film that looks like an eggshell in a metal car that has been deformed by high temperature boiling.

  The black smoke could not penetrate this layer of protection, and the fire took a detour.

  The golden shell protects him from any harm.

  Lin Shuanghua was nestled in the corner of the elevator, his expression confused and numb.

  He might have preferred to be burned to death, like an ordinary person, with his skin charred and his bones reduced to ashes.

  But he had to face the fact that he was no ordinary person.

  No ordinary human being would be wrapped in an eggshell in a fire. Although it looks beautiful, shining with a transparent gold color.

  In the tenth minute of his daze, he heard the siren of a fire truck in the distance.

  Lin Shuangxuan was not looking forward to being rescued.

  The not-so-sharp teeth bit his lips so tightly that the skin was broken and blood oozed, but Lin Shuanghua still bit his lips tightly.

  He suddenly stood up, took a deep breath, raised his hand and slapped it hard, trying to shatter this layer of protection.

  Useless.

  This thing is much stronger than an elevator car.

  At the eleventh minute, Lin Shuanghua shrank back again, burying himself in his knees and waiting in silence.

  He began to imagine that if the firefighters came in and saw not his body, but a shining transparent golden egg...

  it would be better to die.

  At the twelfth minute, the whole mall was so quiet that only the crackling sounds of things being roasted and the sound of explosions coming from nowhere were left.

  Lin Shuanghang gave up thinking.

  Avoiding can't solve the problem. Sooner or later, the secret will be exposed.

  If not today, it will be tomorrow.

  One day anyway.

  At the fifteenth minute, the elevator door moved.

  Lin Shuangxuan did not feel excited about the rest of his life.

  His face was abnormally white, his eyes were alert, his whole body was tense, and he retreated to the end.

  As the door opened, a feeling of self-abasement was forced into my heart.

  Finally, Lin Shuanghang closed his eyes and welcomed the moment when he was called a monster.

  "Lin Shuanghang."

  A familiar voice with a calm and indifferent tone.

  Not firefighters, not the fire brigade, not anyone who would be scared off by him.

  It's Yuan Bo Zhu.

  "...!"

  Lin Shuanghang suddenly opened his eyes, and his first reaction was that he was already dead.