Special Chapter #1

Start from the beginning

"I'll take him to my room. You can go back to look after your affairs," I state and leave the room to head to mine.

"Excuse me," Irgal stops me, and I look back at him. He doesn't lift his face and keeps his head low while saying, "I'm aware you are the Goddess. What title would you like me to call you by?" 

I take a few seconds before answering him, "You can keep the current title. I won't be here for long."

⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

One month later

 I won't be here for long, my ass.

I sigh and continue to walk in the palace's garden while being comforted by the soft moonlight. The breeze comes and goes to harass my hair and dress which Toga gave me a few days ago. The dress seems to have a foreign taste from this land. The silk is soft and light more to my taste than the kimonos filling Zuri's wardrobe. 

At a distance, I see Toga walking towards me so I walk towards him as well. "You seem to fancy this place," He remarks since I have been walking here every day.

"It's tranquil like the world I live in," I say and his expression changes to uncertainty. I chuckle and elaborate, "While Zuri is in control of this body, I have a world of my own. For others, it's dark and lonely, but for me, it's peaceful and silent."

"I understand," he briefly says, and I take a glance at his face. I'm glad color came back to his face after Izayoi woke up. He was so stressed out and unable to focus on his role as a ruler. He must love Izayoi dearly. How lucky!

"Toga," I call his name and pause for a second before proceeding, "You mustn't be wary of the future. Unlike demons, Humans leave memories so make sure to have as many as you can with Izayoi."

He chuckles and rubs the back of his head while saying, "I understand, and it seems your habit of calling me by my first name won't subside, will it? Only two daring people call me Toga. One is Inukimi, and the other is you."

"Well, you seem like someone who might forget his name if not called by it. Be grateful to those who do," I sassily answer and wink at him.

"Anyway, I came to let you know that Inuyasha is in your room. Take care of him," He changes the subject and walks away.

"But Izayoi is awake, why won't he sleep with his mother?" I ask in frustration, stopping him.

He slyly turns in my direction and approaches me then leans towards my ears, whispering, "Because I will be the one to."

I widen my eyes as a scene from the past comes to my mind.

'Did you have a fight with your wife again?' I ask Anubis who is sulking under a huge tree with his eyes closed.

'Yeah, she is such a nuisance. I think I should ask for a divorce and marry you instead,' Anubis jokes after pulling me close to him. 

I sigh and flick his forehead, saying, 'Your wife is the Goddess of time. She'll just change time to have you as her husband again. Plus, she loves you, and I don't think there is anyone who will be able to adjust to your lifestyle other than her.' I stick my tongue out at him and slip away from his grip. 

I start laughing at Toga's dirty comment. He sure is the descendant of that bastard of a friend. Tears leave my eyes as an excuse for my laughter.

"Well, I will make today an exception. He might not be able to sleep by his mother's side if things stay like that," I playfully warn Toga who takes his leave.

I head back to my room and excuse the maid so I can be left alone with Inuyasha in peace. I gaze at him in wonder. Why does all the Inu clan have silver hair? Anubis has black hair. They must have inherited the golden eyes since it's a given. Seeing the dead is in their blood, but still why silver hair?