CHAPTER 88 : A Beastman's Promise 2

Hao Shen felt like they could replace a lot of spices and make the dishes he would be preparing really tasty. Hao Shen showed Kevin the images of the herbs he needed in the book, he asked Kevin to memorize each and every one of them.

Carefully thinking about the herbs he asked Kevin to bring, Hao Shen felt that there was still something missing, he still needed other herbs.

Thinking carefully, Hao Shen decided to bring out the book that he received from Feng Qi. he was going to draw the herbs he needed on the book, he had never thought of using that book, especially not for something like this. But he had no choice, this was an emergency and he couldn't be selfish about it, he had to put aside his personal feelings, and do what he felt was right.

Kevin watched as Hao Shen brought out some pencils from his backpack and started sketching on the empty book.

Hao Shen drew out the herbs in the book based on his memories, he wasn't fast but he wasn't slow either. Soon Hao Shen finished with his drawings and showed them to Kevin "You also have to remember these herbs, and bring them for me with the others".

Hao Shen received no response from him, he ignored Kevin and looked to the side, he had noticed earlier that Reid had returned but he was too immersed in sketching the herbs to talk to him. Now that he was done, he could now attend to Reid.

"You're back just in time, where is the prey you hunted?", again he received no response, he finally paid attention to the way Kevin and Reid were looking at him, while Reid was looking at him with shock and awe, Kevin was looking at him with amazement.

There gazes made Hao Shen feel uneasy. It was only when Hao Shen addressed Reid that Kevin realized that there was an audience apart from himself who saw what Hao Shen did.

Kevin hugged Hao Shen and spoke to him in a whisper "I know you're amazing, but there are some certain things you shouldn't let others see easily, it could get you in trouble, so be careful from now on ok", Hao Shen replied with a stutter "oh okay".

Upon receiving Hao Shen's response, Kevin hid Hao Shen behind himself and glared at Reid.

Reid was awe strock by Hao Shen's performance, but snapped out of it when he saw Kevin's murderous gaze, he registered what Kevin told Hao Shen and quickly understood.

Reid spoke with a solemn expression, "I would not spill what I just witnessed to anyone, not even to my mate, this is a beastman's promise", he said all that while stabbing his left chest with his elongated claws, this action drew out blood, but just as he finished making the oath and removing his claws from his chest, the blood formed a pattern on his chest before disappearing, leaving no signs of even a scar.

Seeing that Reid was willing to go as far as to make a beastman's promise, Kevin felt that the beastman was a bit trustworthy, his guarded posture relaxed as he turned to Hao Shen.

Hao Shen's sight was blocked by Kevin's brod back, he couldn't see any of this, but he felt that they sounded so serious, 'all I did was draw, why so serious all of a sudden'.

Hao Shen wasn't dumb, this was the beast world and they had their own rules and although he was still unaware of a lot of their methods, he knew that he shouldn't mess with things he didn't understand, lest he dies without even knowing the reason why.

Kevin took the book from Hao Shen's hands and shoved it in the backpack, he didn't need to look at the drawings again as he had already memorize it while Hao Shen was till drawing it.

Seeing that Kevin was about to leave without checking the drawings, Hao Shen didn't question him and just advised him, "if you can't find some of the herbs, don't waist your time and return".

After watching Kevin leave, Hao Shen turned to Reid and asked him about the prey again, this time Ried responded by bringing him outside the cave.