CHAPTER 59: "Eat?.. You Want Me To Eat This?" 1

Hao Shen stopped him from talking anymore nonsense, although he was tempted to lie that he was indeed a deity, he decided against it and told the truth.

"I'm not a deity and before you ask why my name is deity then you should know that it wasn't my name, it's more like a family name so you could say my name is kind but calling me that would make no sense now would it. So why don't you just call me Hao Shen or if you're not comfortable with that then you can call me Hao Xiao but you can only use that when we're close, I'd prefer you just call me Hao Shen... So do you have any more questions!?"

Hao Shen put on a I'm very serious face while looking at him, Andri thought about it for a while before asking "so Hao Shen is your name, but I can't call you kind deity which is the meaning of your name, because you're not a real deity, if that is so then why are you so different from the other beast men. And also, are you from a merfolk clan, because not all beast men has family names, if you're from the merfolk tribe then is it a new clan that I don't know about, can I also see your beast form?".

Andri went on and on, it was only when he saw that Hao Shen was starting to look annoyed that he stopped and thought to himself 'have I always been this annoying? I would have to lessen my questions just so that I won't annoy him'.

Hao Shen saw that the excited beastman had finally gone quiet, he could only let out a sigh, 'maybe if I answer all his questions, he would send be back, I just hope that I can find Kevin as soon as he sends me away.'

"Like I said earlier I'm really not a deity, I'm just a little different from your average beastman and I don't have a beast form, I'm also not from the merfolk tribe".

He thought for a while and seeing that he hadn't missed anything he continued "I hope you don't have any more questions?"

"Yes actually I have more questions but I'll ask you that later. I brought an apology offering, it's my favorite I hope you like it".

Andri was tempted to continue asking more questions seeing how cooperative Hao Shen was being, but he managed to hold himself back and brought fort his apology offering. It was then that Hao Shen saw the thing in Andri's hand.

'is that a fox' Hao Shen didn't know what to do with it 'am I supposed to play with it' he looked closer and found out that it wasn't moving at all 'is it dead?' surprised he looked up at Andri and asked "Is it dead".

Andri just nonchalantly said "did you want to eat it alive? I didn't think you'd like such a thing, well I'll consider that the next time I go hunting, but for now you should eat this".

Hao Shen was surprised again "eat?.. you want me to eat this?" Andri was now a little confused "is it impossible for you to eat it dead? Well I'm sorry I can't go and hunt for a living prey, you would have to make do with this".

Imagining eating a life fox made Hao Shen's face turn green from nauseousness, even his stubborn stomach learnt how to be obedient and silent, he held his mouth as if preventing himself from puking "No. I'd rather not. Weather dead or alive. Now please leave", Hao Shen found a way to speak even though he felt nauseous.

He felt that he finally understood something, it seems the people of this world doesn't understand the word cook.

He thought that the people of this world had a different sustenance unlike those on earth, and based on what Kevin gave him last time that looked just like a huge pile of coal, he thought that they actually ate coal for food but now that he saw what Andri gave him to eat, his mind set was totally changed.