CHAPTER 28: Kevin's Staunch Devotion 2

And it really brings all beast men joy to watch as their females eat their prey, but Kevin was rejected the first time and now he wasn't even allowed to watch her eat.

This made his mood worsen, but now that he was thinking about it, this little female had not picked him as her mate, and he didn't even know how she felt about him.

After realizing this Kevin felt his heart breaking, but he still wasn't giving up, he just had to keep trying until she accepts him.

But untill then, he was going to be her guardian beast and would protect her regardless.

After Kevin left and closed the cave, Hao Shen let out a sigh of relief, he was afraid they would have to sit down there and watch as the fruits go bad. He put those thoughts behind him and went to get his backpack.

He took out the bottled water and uncapped it before he used it to wash all the fruits.

He carefully removed all the mud from them and somehow managed to save some water. After he was done washing them he picked the peach fruit that had been making him salivate ever since he saw it.

After picking the peach, he directly bit into the big peach forgetting his plans of cutting them first.

The minute he bit into the peach, the sweetness of the fruit rushed inside his mouth, it was much more sweeter than the peaches he had on earth, that little bite was enough to awaken his inner glutton.

Hao Shen couldn't hold himself back as he wolfed down the rest of the peaches. And when he reached out his claws to grab another one he found out that the peaches were all gone, he looked at the side and saw a total of 5 peach seeds that he had discarded.

He was speechless, he didn't know when he took the second or the third peach but now he was seeing five seeds on the floor, honestly if someone else was in the cave he would have blamed them for eating his peaches. But since he was the only one in the cave, he had no choice but to accept the fact that he was a gluttonous monster.

But accepting this fact didn't mean that he was satisfied, infact he wanted more of those sweet peaches, but they were no more as he had already ravaged all of them.

He let out a sigh of frustration, and finally let go of the already gone peaches and put his greedy eyes on the avocados and the unknown fruits on the leave covered floor.

He had planned on eating the peaches and the avocados first before eating the unknown fruit, well it wasn't really a plan he just instinctively wanted to eat the fruits he knew and leave the once he didn't know for last.

But after what happened to the peaches, he was afraid that the avocados would be irresistible and would make him finish eating them without even knowing it.

And then he started to think, 'what if I don't like the way the unknown fruit tasted... It would be such a pity if that happened, and i didn't have any fruit to remove the taste from my mouth'.

with this thought, he changed his mind and picked up the unknown fruit. The fruit looked like an overly large mock berry and it's color was dark purple. He didn't trust it's color and he was suspicious of it's size so he decided to dissect the fruit first.

He brought out the kitchen knife that was in his backpack and cut the fruit into four piece, after dividing it, he found out that it had no seeds inside, so he went ahead and picked up a piece then cautiously put it in his mouth.

The more he chewed it, the sweeter it tasted, in fact it got so sweet, to the extent that he disliked it.

It didn't have that fruity sweetness like that of the peach, it was more like condensed sugar.

And what was even worst was that Kevin brought more of this particular fruit back, and in the end he didn't like it at all,what was he going to do with this much, he felt that if he kept eating it his teeth would fall out.