CHAPTER 9: A New World

Hao Shen woke up, he was having a serious headache. He reached out his hands to touch the place that was hurting the most, their was a gash on his forehead.

It had stopped bleeding sometime ago but it was still very painful. Hao Shen wanted to open his eyes, but felt that the sun was particularly bright.

He reached out one of his hands to block the sun from hitting his face and used his other hand to lift himself off the wet floor.

It was then he noticed that the cold cemented floor he was use to was covered with grasses, he force his eyes to open and when it did he saw that he was surrounded by tall grasses.

Hao Shen forced himself to stand up.

He looked around. It seems as though he was in a field of wild flowers and a little bit farther away from the flowers field, there were tall trees and mountains.

He didn't know where he was at the moment and he didn't know how he got there. He now wished he had a phone so that he could check the map or at least call someone for help.

Hao Shen looked around for a bit more, then decided on a part and started walking. Even if he didn't know where he was, Hao Shen was sure that if he kept walking he might either find someone that he could ask for help, or he might run back into town.

Hao Shen had walked a long distance, he had passed the flower fields, passed the tall trees field and  was currently at a grassy field,  the grass was really soft, so Hao Shen decide to rest there.

It might have looked like he walk for a short time, but he had actually come a long way.

Hao Shen had been walking without resting, he was strapped of energy, he hadn't eaten anything all-day and the sun was too harsh on his skin.

He hadn't found or seen any other person.

Hao Shen sat on the grass then removed the backpack he had been wearing the entire time, and used it as a pillow, he laid on his side and wanted to sleep for a while.

Before Hao Shen was able to get some sleep, he heard foot steps. At first he wanted to sit up and check if someone had finally appeared, but before he could get up he heard a low growl and he froze at the spot.

Hao Shen didn't dare breath loudly, how could he have forgotten the one thing that is a rampant in a forest?, that was wild animals, he didn't see any wild animals on his journey so Hao Shen completely forgot about it.

Why hadn't he remembered such an important thing, was he going to be eaten by this wild beast.

This was insane, if he died here how would he return to his mother, how was he supposed to tell her that her stupid son died due to stupidity.
This was too much.

He wanted to play dead, maybe the creature would not be interested in a dead body, but who was he kidding?.

His heart refuse to stop beating loudly, it was either he dies of a heart attack or get eaten by a wild animal.

Even if Hao Shen knew that pretending to be dead would not help, he couldn't do anything else but to act dead.

For sometime he didn't hear the sound of the beast, so he wanted to open his eyes to see if it was gone but before he could, he felt deep breaths hitting his face.

It turned out that the creature had came closer to him and was sniffing his face.

Abruptly he opened his big blue eyes, he knew he made a mistake.

All Hao Shen saw was the silver eyes of the creature, the fear and shock was too much for Hao Shen to take so he fainted.

At least he would not be awake when the creature eats him.

Later when the sun had gone down, Hao Shen woke up. He didn't feel any pain on his body, at first he thought he was dead.

It was only when he touched his forehead and felt the pain of his previous injury that realization dawned on him that he was still alive.

He checked other parts of his body and saw that he had no extra injuries.