CHAPTER 40: Hao Shen Want's Kevin To Ask Questions 2

Hao Shen quietly watched Kevin and sure enough Kevin had created another story without asking him anything.

He honestly wished Kevin was not like that and would just ask him directly, but maybe it was better if he didn't, at least he wouldn't have to create lies which he was bad at. But it made him fill like Kevin wasn't really interested in him as a person.

He shook his head and put all those thoughts at the back of his mind as he had other pressing matter that had nothing to do with Kevin.

Hao Shen had been holding it back, but his body had began to irritate him and he stinks of sweat. He  really needed to take a bath but the question was, 'where can I take a bath?'

He looked at Kevin that was still busy with his thoughts and decided to interrupt him "Kevin, I'm a bit uncomfortable, could you show me where I could take a bath".

Kevin only looked at him with cautiousness and hesitation, Hao Shen didn't know what his expression meant and just assumed that Kevin didn't understand what he meant by taking a bath so he tried to break it down for him.

"I need to wash my body could you tell me where I can do that, or could you just take me to the nearest river?" But it was useless as he still didn't get a response.

Actually, Kevin wasn't thinking of an answer, Kevin was just thinking how he could knock himself out.

He had just sworn not to ever let Hao Shen close to any river or sea, but now what could he do 'is Hao Shen really going to leave me for another beastman?'.

Kevin was surprised that she was directly asking him to take her to the river and with such a perfect excuse, he really couldn't refuse her.

even if her excuse wasn't good enough, he still wouldn't have the heart to refuse her. Kevin felt helpless, he didn't know how to reply to Hao Shen's inquiry, but he knew he needed to find a way to make her stay.

Kevin thought about it for a few more seconds and he decided to go with the easiest solution he could find. he finally gave a response "I'll go and take a look for you".
With that, he left the cave leaving Hao Shen alone once again, he felt that if Hao Shen wouldn't tell him directly that she was going to be leaving him then he wouldn't tell her what he was about to do.

Hao Shen only thought that Kevin went to look for a place he could take a bath and was waiting for him to return, and while waiting for Kevin, Hao Shen used that opportunity to sort out his backpack.

He picked up the backpack he had dropped earlier then went back to the animal skin blanket and sat down on it. It was at this time that he was finally seeing the fruits on the floor, and after looking at those fruits he felt his mouth water but held himself back, he had yet to brush his teeth and it would really bother him if he used it to eat but the problem was that he had no tooth brush or toothpastes hear.

He thought about this for a few seconds and decided to ask Kevin, maybe they had a way to brush their teeth in this world, after all their was no way Kevin's teeth was that white without a method that kept it that way.

After he was done thinking of a solution to that problem, he continued with what he was about to do and brought out every thing that was in his backpack.

He brought out the kitchen knife and lighter, and kept it to the side, he also took out all the chips including the empty bags and put them to the side.

Author's thoughts:

Please check the comments