CHAPTER 20: Kevin Really Likes This Little Female 2

Kevin had seen all of that but what caught his attention was the red and swollen eyes of Hao Shen 'did this female cry when I left.' Kevin didn't know why the female would cry, he wanted to ask her why she was crying,but seeing how secretive she was, to the extent that she was even hiding her food from him, he felt that she would not tell him anything.

So he decided not to say anything, and just pretended not to have noticed the sadness in her eyes.

Kevin felt that this female was rather pitiful, he didn't know why she was crying, he didn't know why she was hiding her food, he honestly didn't know anything about her but he really liked this little female and wanted to see her smile, so he was willing to play along with her until she was willing to open up to him.

He bent down and lifted Hao Shen with one hand and placed him on the animal skin blanket, then handed him the lap of the caracal that he had hunted and roasted.

This was the first time he was roasting any prey so it took him quite a while to finish. And all he came up with was a chunk of coal, which he happily presented to Hao Shen.

Kevin preferred eating his prey raw, but knowing that females hated eating raw prey, he personally roasted this prey for Hao Shen and hoped that Hao Shen would like it.

Hao Shen that was sitting on the animal skin blanket and stiffly staring at Kevin was suddenly handed the big peice of coal, he looked at it, question mark written all over his face, what was he supposed to use this huge coal for?

While Hao Shen was too busy looking at the piece of coal and wondering what it was for, Kevin had gotten anxious 'why was the female staring at the food like that? Did she not like roasted caracals?' Kevin knew that most females preferred eating soft and delicate prey like rabbits, so it was no surprise to him that she might dislike it, but he couldn't find any rabbits in the forest and he was afraid if he wasted more time looking for them, the female might stave to death by the time he returns.

Apparently his worries were for not, as the female was already eating something before he returned. But he had hoped that she would like it, seeing he had put so much effort in roasting it. Feeling a bit dejected he asked "why aren't you eating? Do you not like it?".

"Eating?" Hao Shen was a little confused, he looked at the big and slightly heavy black coal in his hands then raised it and asked again "is this food!"

"Yes it is food!, do you not like it?" Kevin was starting to think that this female wasn't too bright, but it didn't matter he liked her like that.

Hao Shen on the other hand, had mixed feelings, 'was this the kind of food that the people of this world usually eat!, No wonder why they are currently facing the threat of being extinct'.

Actually Hao Shen was rather touched, this guy had heard his stomach growling and went to find him food to quench his hunger.

Facing Kevin's kindness Hao Shen didn't know how to reject it, but this kindness he simply couldn't digest. He looked at the coal for a while, before passing it back to Kevin "thank you, but I'm not hungry".

Normally Kevin would have been happy to here Hao Shen appreciate him, but this appreciation sounded so perfunctory, it made him sad.

It was obvious that the female didn't want to eat what he had prepared for her. He looked at the piece of chip on the floor, it was so tiny, he was sure that it won't be enough to fill the female's belly, as most females has larger appetites than males so it was impossible that she wasn't hungry.

Kevin was feeling down but then he thought that maybe the female was a herbivore and simply couldn't eat meat. He felt that this was likely the reason why she didn't eat.

Kevin kept the meat at the side and turned the leave the cave but when he remembered the chips on the floor, he thought if he could find that exact type of food wouldn't the female be really happy with him.

He didn't leave immediately, because he didn't want the female to realize that he knew she was hiding something and just pretend to be casually strolling around the cave and waited for the female to stop paying attention to him, and it didn't take long for that to happen as Hao Shen was busy with the system making it easy for Kevin to snick the piece of chip away with him.