CHAPTER 76: Their Was Finally An Opportunity To Help 2

Halfway there, Kevin suddenly stopped running, Hao Shen felt surprised and removed his head that was held in Kevin's chest and asked, “Are we already there?”, “No”, Kevin gave a short reply to Hao Shen who looked at him confusedly “then why did you stop‽”, Kevin didn't reply and just put him down, it was only when he got off Kevin that he saw another beastman standing in front of them looking anxious.

“What happened?” Kevin directed this question to the beastman as he approached him, he was worried that something had happened in the tribe and stopped the minute he saw how disheveled the beastman looked, he didn't want Hao Shen to see something gruesome the moment they got back.

He already learnt that Hao Shen could not handle seeing such things and so he would try avoiding it at all costs. but what the beastman said made him feel slightly guilty.

“It's Lisa, she hasn't eaten all day and has been in pain since this morning, we've been looking for Vince to come take a look at her, but we can't find him anywhere, have you seen him?”.

Of course of all days Vince would be urgently needed, it had to be the day he was ruthlessly beaten up, even if they were to find him right now, he would be of no use. Kevin didn't fill guilty because he beat up Vince but he felt guilty cause Vince would not be able to treat the female and it was his fault.

Hao Shen heard what the beastman said and all he saw was an opportunity, an opportunity to do something about his mission.

Just as Kevin was about to tell the beastman where Vince was, Hao Shen answered in his stead “we haven't seen Vince but I can be of help”.

Of course the beastman didn't take Hao Shen seriously in fact he hadn't given Hao Shen a glance.

Although he hadn't heard of Hao Shen's scandal, he saw Hao Shen as a weak beastman and he subconsciously ignored him.

Kevin was surprised that Hao Shen would lie about Vince, he didn't know what was on Hao Shen's mind but instead of exposing him, he kept quiet about it. But looking at the beastman, Kevin could see his disregard for Hao Shen, as if the words Hao Shen said carried no weight or had been of zero importance.

This attitude of the beastman vexed Kevin and despite the fact that he was angered by it, he didn't act on his anger as he had already made that mistake once today and didn't want to repeat it again.

Of course Kevin had no idea that Hao Shen was suffering from a temporary memory loss. “it might take you a while to find Vince but Hao Shen is right here and would be of immediate help”, Kevin decided to help Hao Shen out as the beastman was unwilling to give him a listening ear.

It was only when Kevin said this that the beastman looked at Hao Shen doubtfully, “really? Are you also a doctor?”.

Hao Shen who already knew what a witch doctor was nodded his head “sort of”, but the beastman didn't know what Hao Shen meant by that, he couldn't let just any beastman come close to his mate so he needed some sort of confirmation. “prove it, do you have clear water”.

Hao Shen remembered Kevin and Andri referring to processed water as clear water, so he brought out a bottle of water from his backpack “is this what you need”. Seeing that Hao Shen actually had clear water, even if he didn't see how Hao Shen got it, he subconsciously thought that Hao Shen was the one who made it himself.

The beastman felt relieved now that he had met a witch doctor, all that was left for him to do was to bring the witch doctor to Lisa. “Ok follow me to my cave, you have to check on Lisa”, he was in a hurry and so after he said that he transformed into his cougar form and rushed back to the tribe, not considering if Hao Shen was able to keep up with his speed.