CHAPTER 82: Brewing tea 2

Reid didn't care about Kevin's reluctance and yelled to get Hao Shen to wake up “hey witch doctor, we are done digging a hole in the rock, when are we saving my female”. His yell was so loud that Hao Shen fell from were he was sitting, Kevin glared at Reid who only scratched his neck feeling guilty, Hao Shen heard Reid clearly and groggily got off the floor, walking to the finished pot.

To Hao Shen's surprise, the pot came out without any mistakes, it was rather smooth inside, and their were no holes. He looked at Kevin in surprise, “This is perfect, have you guys made something like this before?”. Kevin that was glaring at Reid for waking Hao Shen up, stopped glaring at Reid and replied with a shake of his head “No”.

Hao Shen nodded, after the initial surprise passed Hao Shen was now fully awake, he asked Kevin to pour some water inside the pot and rinse it, removing the remnant stones and dust out of the pot.

The pot was now ready to be used, Hao Shen asked Kevin to pick up some rocks that was initially part of the pot and lay them around the bonfire, it was so that the pot will be able to stay on the bonfire.

After Kevin did that, Hao Shen asked him to place the pot on the bonfire, because of how thin they made the pot, it was easier for the pot to get hot. Hao Shen brought out the three refilled plastic bottles and poured out the water in it into the pot, before removing the soaked herbs and putting them into the pot.

When he was done putting the ingredients into the pot, he asked Kevin to cleaned the lid with water and close the pot with it. Reid was hella curious “what next” he asked Hao Shen who responded nonchalantly “we wait”.

And so they all sat on the floor and waited, it had already gotten dark and after waiting for some time, Reid was beginning to feel like this witch doctor had long lost hope on his female and was just finding weird ways to waste his time, he tried being patient and sat down quietly for a while, but he could no longer take it anymore.

Just as he was about to complain Hao Shen spoke “Reid, why don't you open the pot”, Reid had no choice but to swallow his words.

Although he grumbled, he didn't say anything as he was afraid of angering a witch doctor, but Reid had lost hope on this witch doctor he just hoped that Lilly's other mates had found Vince.

Just as Reid removed the lid, hot steam came out of the pot which surprised him and Kevin, Reid was wondering how a hollowed rock that had nothing but water and herbs could exude smoke, he had watched Hao Shen and all he saw him do after he asked them to close the rock was to play with the woods under the rock.

Hao Shen wasn't actually playing with the woods, he was making sure that the flame did not extinguish on its own, and he was also keeping the heat at the same temperature, so he was working the hole time.

As for Kevin all he thought was ‘as expected of my female’, Hao Shen stood up after most of the smoke had dissipated and when to look into the pot.

The water had turned to a brownish color and the fragrance of ginger and safflower permeated the air. he used the sea shell to scoop out some of the medicinal liquid, then he gave it to Reid, “quickly go give this to you mate, let her drink it when it's warm, come back once she's done to get Another cup, also for the time being don't let her inhale cold air, make sure to keep your house.. Er.. cave, make sure to keep the cave warm, and don't let her leave the cave. alright then go already”.

After receiving the sea shell filled with medicine, Reid completely forgot about how he had doubted Hao Shen earlier and rushed back to his family's cave.