CHAPTER 25: The Overly Dependent Hao Shen 1

But when he got back, expecting to see a smile on Hao Shen's face welcoming him home, he saw Hao Shen looking at him angrily, he didn't dear move and just stood there, fruits in hand, then the next second he saw Hao Shen was crying.

Kevin was panicking. what could have happened when he left, was it because of something he did. Afraid it was his fault he quickly put the fruits down then rushed to hug Hao Shen.

He didn't know what he did wrong for Hao Shen to be this angry and sad at the same time nevertheless he still promised he wouldn't do it again.

But after he gave his promise to Hao Shen, Hao Shen started crying even more, it was as if the promise he made was a trigger that made Hao Shen cry more.

He didn't know what to do or say, he felt that if he said another word, it would make things worst, so he just stayed in that position, hugging Hao Shen while robbing his back and gently patting his head hoping that he stops crying.

..................................

After listening to Kevin's promise and feeling the warmth from Kevin's hug, Hao Shen felt a great sense of security and strangely he felt relieved.

This was the first time he was hugged this intimately, his mother, doe she love him, never made him feel this way He didn't even know what this feeling was But he liked it..

He felt like someone had removed a heavy load off him, It made him feel that he didn't need to be strong alone, there was someone willing to help him and that thought made him cry even more.

Hao Shen hugged Kevin tightly, He really didn't want to let go, he felt that even if he was in a new world, at least he wasn't alone. He had Kevin and even if he hadn't known Kevin for that long he was willing to be friends with him.

They both stayed in that position for quite a while, it was only when Hao Shen was calm, that he moved and was about to let go of Kevin. But before he did, his stomach decided that, this was a good opportunity to protest. ' growl'.

Both Hao Shen and Kevin heard the loud growl, Kevin smiled while Hao Shen felt embarrassed, he awkwardly let go of Kevin and wiped his eyes.

Still feeling very worried for Hao Shen, Kevin looked at Hao Shen from head to toe, after being certain that there was nothing wrong with Hao Shen's body, he held both of Hao Shen's shoulder, while keeping eye contact, afraid to miss anything, before asking Hao Shen "tell me what happened, did I do something wrong, do you need anything, just tell me".

Warmth spread through Hao Shen's heart, he doesn't know how every word Kevin said was able to bring him to the brink of tears, he held it in and replied with a choking voice "I-I'm fine".

Kevin saw Hao Shen's eye's polling with unshed tears again and felt that Hao Shen was hiding something from him. "then why were you crying? Why do you still want to cry, if-If it's because you don't like me, then... Then don't worry when you find someone you like I won't hold you back I would let you stay with them ok so just don't cry anymore".

Kevin himself wanted to cry while saying those words, his heart was really breaking, if Hao Shen really hated him that much to the extent of crying, then there was nothing he could do to change that, he could only let Hao Shen go.

Hao Shen on the other hand was in an epiphany of his own creation. While he was planning on befriending Kevin, he had completely forgotten that to Kevin he was a female ' what's this feeling! while I'm planning on being friends with you, you are planning on making me your wife! This is completely unacceptable'.

Hao Shen really didn't know how to respond to Kevin, he first thought of clearing things up with Kevin, so that he wouldn't always feel guilty, but when he looked at Kevin's pitiful appearance, he simply couldn't find it in his heart to say the truth.

And so in other to calm Kevin down he said what ever he could think of at the moment, as the more he delayed his response, the more Kevin's expression was getting worst. It was time for him to also comfort Kevin.