CHAPTER 78: Brewing tea 1

Reid was one of Lisa's least favored mates, and so it was understandable that he wanted to do something that would make his mate see him in a more favorable light.

Hao Shen's request was so simple that it made the beastman slightly disappointed, “take me to Vince's lair, he might have what I need for the medicine”. Reid had wasted a few precious seconds, so Kevin left the beastman behind taking Hao Shen with him. Reid saw this and quickly followed behind.

On the way, Hao Shen thought of many recipes like, bone broth, ginger braised liver, kidney congee, chicken stew etcetera. they all would work wonders for women who had just given birth, He wanted to visit Vince's cave to see if Vince had some cooking items he could use.

Hao Shen totally forgot the kind of world he was in, thinking that since he was in a medieval era the doctors or physicians here should be able to brew medicine, to his disappointment when he got to the cave he saw that it was filled with piles and piles of herbs with a few flowers and fruits here and there.

Everything was disorganized, nothing could tell that this was a home of an actual physician but then again, maybe this was what being a witch doctor was in this world. Hao Shen looked around and felt distressed, even if he wanted to find a few herbs and brew it for the female it would take an awful amount of time, on top of that he would have to make sure not to step on any of the herbs, that was how messy the entire place was.

Hao Shen stood still for a while, while thinking ‘first of all to brew a simple Chinese medicine, I would need a kettle or some sort of pot but I can't find any here' sighing in defeat, Hao Shen decided  ‘I should just look for some herbs and find a way to brew a simple medicine, before thinking about bone broth and the rest’.

Just when he thought this he got a sudden idea ‘why don't I make the pot using rocks?’ but then he shook his head ‘no it would be too much of a hassle, before the pot is completely shaped out of the rock the patient would have long died and been buried’.

Hao Shen remembered the pure strength of the beast men as he thought ‘maybe they would be able to create it just in time, well I won't know if I don't try’ Hao Shen looked at the large boulder that was moved to the side by Kevin to open Vince's cave ‘I hope that pervert witch doctor doesn't mind if I used his make shift door into a pot’.

With that thought, Hao Shen instructed Kevin to lay the boulder flat on the floor, Kevin did as he was told, although both him and Reid were baffled by what Hao Shen was going to use it for. Hao Shen looked at the boulder for a while, thinking it's shape wasn't appropriate for a pot, he called out “Kevin could you help me find a boulder that looked like this”, he gestured with is hands to show how it should look like, to his surprised the beastman was the one who went to get it himself.

Reid couldn't stand around doing nothing while Kevin did everything, after all it was his female, he shouldn't let other males take advantage, that was why he rushed out to get the boulder for Hao Shen.

Hao Shen didn't mind him as he walked into the cave to search for the necessary herbs for what he was going to prepare. Hao Shen had decided to make the famous Sheng Hua Tang recipe.

This was a famous Chinese tea recipe, that was prescribed to all mothers after birth, to help them completely recover from child birth. And right now this was the only thing Hao Shen could think of at the moment that was fast to make.

If he was to make something else, it would take more time coupled with the fact that he had to make the pots as well.