CHAPTER 19: Kevin Really Likes This Little Female 1

-----

For more information please tap the system guide button.

*****

Hao Shen thought that finally the system guide would be functional, but lo and behold, he got the exact same response as before.

-----

Sorry. System guide unavailable, please complete the system download.

*****

Frustrated, Hao Shen was truly frustrated, he could not bear to listen to the system prompts any further.

He was so frustrated that he decided that when ever the system prompts appears he was going to deliberately ignore it.

Since Kevin wasn't back yet and Hao Shen was still hungry and thirsty he had no choice but to open the bottled water and took huge gulps, the water was so refreshing, so much so that he didn't know when he finished the entire bottle.

This was the most refreshing water he had ever had, but then again he had been feeling thirsty for a very long time, so it might just be his bodies reaction after being dehydrated for so long.

Just as Hao Shen finished the bottled water, he heard a ding in his head, expecting the mechanical voice to say something but instead, a string of words popped up in front of him.

He was currently ignoring the system so he tried his very best not to read it. but the screen was still in front of him even after trying so hard, he thought it would disappear after a while, but to his surprise it just kept hovering around, he tried closing his eyes, but he could still see it, it was as if the words were written in his mind so their was absolutely no way he could evade it.

Finally giving up and reading the words, Hao Shen found out that there was actually some progress in the system download, it was formally at 50% but now it is at 50.42%.

'what the hell! How did this happen'. Hao Shen had no idea how the system download change from 50% to 50.42%, and their was no extra information telling him how it happened leaving him clueless. It was like the system was afraid of giving him helpful information, or maybe the system enjoys seeing him swabling cluelessly.

Having no idea on how the system gathers it's energy, Hao Shen decided not to stress his brain in matters he could not solve. right now he was starving and the chips in front of him was looking very appetizing.

He didn't think twice and just grabbed the potato chips, and after putting a piece in his mouth, to his surprise it was still warm and it tasted just like the one his mom use to make.

After just one bite Hao Shen got emotional, he had been trying his very best not to think about the mother he left behind and the possibility of not being able to ever see her again, but now with this single chip, his emotions came pouring out.

Remembering that the system that once he completes the mission he would be able to return home, Hao Shen swore that he would figure out away to finish the systems download, finish the mission, then go back home.

With a strong determination and tears flowing out of his eyes Hao Shen ate the chips with vigour, Hao Shen didn't know how long it would take before he would be able to accomplish his mission but never the less he was determined to finish it and go back home.

With his thoughts else where, he didn't notice that the system was also slowly accumulating energy, and had gotten to 60% and still counting.

It was only when Kevin returned that Hao Shen snapped out of his trance, he had some how finished an entire bag of chips and was now on the second bag. Realizing that Kevin hadn't completely opened the cave, he quickly shoved the bag of chips in his backpack, wiped the tears on his face and crawled back to the to the animal skin blanket.

Kevin had already walked in and saw Hao Shen crawling towards the blanket, being stared at by Kevin made Hao Shen fill really awkward.

He paused then raised his head to look at Kevin hoping the guy didn't see the bag of chips. Kevin on the other hand just felt that Hao Shen was really cute.

Due to Hao Shen was in a hurry to hide the chips, he hadn't tidyed himself properly, so there were some crumps of chips on the side of his lips, there was also a piece of chip that some how fell out of the bag.

Author note:

I'm very happy for all the support lately and I would like to appreciate all of you for that. This two extra chapters is to my personal favorite reader christybailey9 thank you especially for the support

❤️ Author.