CHAPTER 62: 'It's My Power Why Can't I Control It' 2

Andri swam into the lake and went closer to an area were heat from the lava was fully concentrated to warm himself up, he felt he would lose control again and needed to heat up his body to calm down.

Andri close his eyes and concentrated on the heat surrounding him, after he had calmed down a little, he thought about what had just happened now and understood where his fears came from.

Back then when he was sent to live hear, he hadn't faced loneliness before so he just went with it, he thought it would be hard to live here mostly because of the lava as all sea beast men were afraid of it.

But as time flew by, he realized that the hardest part was to endure loneliness for an unknown amount of time. And after he managed to snatch a beastman from the surface, he felt that this loneliness would be easier to endure if he had someone by his side.

He was very enthusiastic in having his first friend in years that he didn't dear think if he would want to go back. But after Hao Shen mentioned going back to the surface, he felt fear and didn't want to let go.

He remembered that Hao Shen still had a partner up their and he knew that every beastman would get attached to their partners, whether their partner was male or female.

He knew this but he wanted to keep him away from his partner 'what was I thinking', he let out a bitter laugh. He decided to send Hao Shen back regardless of whether he would have to endure this loneliness by himself forever.

After warming up a little bit more, Andri went back to the cave "I've decided to send you back" he was no longer interested in Hao Shen's origins and just wanted him to remember him.

But when he entered the room, he was shocked at Hao Shen's appearance. Hao Shen's face had turned blue and he was shivering, the cold from earlier had gradually increased by a lot and even the walls of the room had began to show signs of crystalization.

Andri quickly with drew the cold air back to his body but it was too late, Hao Shen was still shivering and he was unconscious.

'no this can't be happening, not again' Andri picked up Hao Shen from the bed and took him to the same spot he stood to warm up just now, he controlled the bubble that was wrapping Hao Shen up and protecting him from the lake water to let in the heat coming from the lava.

There were no results so he went deeper into the lake where it was warmer, this time, there were results, Hao Shen's body gradually relaxed and his face turned normal again.

Andri stayed their a little longer just so that the warmth would seep deep into Hao Shen's body before bringing him back to the cave and laying him on the bed. He brought and animal skin blanket that was laying around in the other room and used it to wrap Hao Shen's body.

This incident gave Andri a bigger reason to send Hao Shen away, 'turns out that even after all this year's of seclusion, I still can't control it, I'm truly useless'

'It's my power, my strength, why can't I control it' he was filled with anger and disappointment towards no one but himself, he was at fault then and even now he blamed himself. One would think that as time passed, he would be able to control it by now with just a thought yet with just a slight burst of anger he lost control again.

After he was done tucking in Hao Shen, Andri closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, and decided to send Hao Shen away while he was still unconscious.

He had thought it through and he couldn't bare to face Hao Shen after what he did, he was afraid of seeing the look of fear, disgust, and disappointment on Hao Shen's face as those were the exact looks his family gave him when they were sending him away.

Author's thoughts: this early chapter is dedicated to Windli, I really appreciate your thoughts on this novel, thanks(⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+